“Expect to be Surprised & Delighted...Fine Dining at It's Best!”
Review of Walker's Grille - CLOSED

Walker's Grille
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Walker’s Grille is a family owned restaurant that promotes sustainable practices through implementing a green design and green restaurant strategies. One of the first steps to going green was deciding to build within an existing LEED certified newly constructed building complex in Metro Park Alexandria. Walker’s Grille will be using practices and equipment that will reduce energy consumption, water usage and will also implement a rigid recycling program, which will effectively reduce the restaurant’s carbon footprint and maintain the existing sustainable efforts that are already in place. The restaurant will serve as a “greening” model and example to other restaurants in Fairfax County. Walker’s Grille will also be supporting the local farming community by providing locally grown organic food and a healthier choice of foods to the community.
Reviewed August 28, 2016 via mobile

If you live in the Washington, DC area or are visiting, this restaurant is a must! Located in a premier office park in Northern Virginia, this restaurant has a casual and yet unassuming elegance. It's spacious, has a full bar and a very nice terrace.

Expect to be pleasantly surprised with an extraordinary dining experience.

You'll be warmly greeted by Chef Duane Keller, highly acclaimed internationally for his award winning finest cuisine as well as for his creativity, passion and charismatic personally. His Farm-To-Table inspired seasonal menus highlight the very best in local produce, meats, and seafood from local farmers and suppliers.

My group had 10 well traveled business people from different major cities of the US and attending a conference in the DC area. We all tried different dishes and everyone was delighted with the Chef's exquisite creations and in awe with his personalized attention.

The rest of staff was friendly, courteous, knowledgeable and provided impeccable service.

Date of visit: August 2016
2  Thank angelacA1142ZA

Reviewed July 28, 2016

When you walk up to the door you will see a beautiful patio with tables and chairs and outdoor couches. There were large "ceiling fans" on the overhead covering. The area is well landscaped which gives it a cosy outdoor retreat feeling. We went on one of the hottest days so we ate inside, but we definitely want to go back in nice weather. The inside did not disappoint either. Very nicely appointed. The food choices had some interesting items we haven't seen before. I got the chicken schnitzel served with mashed potatoes and vegetables mixed with gravy. I had thought this might be a bit heavy, but it wasn't. I think it was fried just a bit too long, but it was very tasty and the chicken was very moist. My husband had the Caribbean jerk scallops. They were huge and he said they were excellent. Our service was very attentive. We will be returning.

Date of visit: July 2016
1  Thank retiredtraveler065
Reviewed May 29, 2016

Met a group for dinner and drinks in the evening. Appreciated the ambience of the restaurant and the fact that you can make reservations. Because the weather was nice, the outside patio was full but our group got an inside table. We may have enjoyed sitting outside but had not planned for that. We ordered a bottle of wine and it turned out to be very sweet. We had asked the waitress about the wines and told her what we were after. So it was disappointing that she did not have the knowledge to advise us better. The food entrees were a little pricey. I ordered a spinach salad and it was very tasty and a good size portion. My spouse ordered a beef dish but was not that impressed by it and also it did not come with any side dishes. Others at our table had appetizers and meat and salmon entrees. They said that they were tasty but nothing special. We had a nice time and the restaurant emptied out fairly early so was quiet. It turned out to be a nice setting for a group since we were able to converse without shouting. Had the weather not been nice and had the restaurant been more crowded, I'm not sure whether it would have been as easy to carry on a normal conversation. The service was good overall except for the lack of knowledge about the wine menu. I would like to try the restaurant again at lunchtime and to sit outside next time to see how it compares with dinner inside. Also, the parking lot tends to fill up and our friends had to park on the street. Not sure if there is an issue with that but something to consider.

1  Thank turtlelover22
Reviewed May 20, 2016 via mobile

Found Walker's on Open Table and decided to give it a shot. So glad we did. Food was delicious. Service was great. The Gazpacho was wonderful. So glad we tried this place out. Will definitely return. Lots of outdoor seating. Inside was energetic (not quite), but still able to hold a conversation.

1  Thank csvoeller1
Reviewed May 18, 2016

I have been to this restaurant twice in the last six months for brunch. I was very impressed with it the first time but was disappointed on my second visit. The food and the service were not as good as I remembered.

My kids had the pancakes, fruit, and bacon from the kids meal. This was a good value and nicely presented. My husband enjoyed the UBS sandwich but afterwards said he would have preferred it to be in separate piles, not sandwich form. My dad ordered the blueberry pancakes and said they were nothing special and that they are better at IHOP. I ordered the eggs and bacon dish. I remembered the bacon being very thick cut and having excellent flavor. This time it seemed like regular bacon and was so overdone it was black. By the time our waiter showed back up and I was able to get a new order of bacon, my eggs were cold and unappetizing. The waiter was often nowhere to be found when we needed things and overall seemed very unsure of himself and the menu.