“Wish this restaurant was closer to us at home in MD!”
Review of Walker's Grille

Walker's Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Walker's Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #144 of 768 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Walker’s Grille is a family owned restaurant that promotes sustainable practices through implementing a green design and green restaurant strategies. One of the first steps to going green was deciding to build within an existing LEED certified newly constructed building complex in Metro Park Alexandria. Walker’s Grille will be using practices and equipment that will reduce energy consumption, water usage and will also implement a rigid recycling program, which will effectively reduce the restaurant’s carbon footprint and maintain the existing sustainable efforts that are already in place. The restaurant will serve as a “greening” model and example to other restaurants in Fairfax County. Walker’s Grille will also be supporting the local farming community by providing locally grown organic food and a healthier choice of foods to the community.
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We came down on a busy Friday evening to visit a family member in town for a short work trip. We weren't sure of good restaurants in the area that were family friendly, were not tough to get to in traffic, were available without a long wait (since we had kids with us) and were tasty. Walker's Grille checked off all those blocks. Although after eating there, this place SHOULD have had a wait because it was GREAT!

The menu is simple but tempting, after getting an order of calamari ordered, we struggled to narrow down what each of the six of us would get. I chose the NY Strip with a fantastic wine reduction (so did my brother in law), my sister in law had the breaded chicken with a tasty mushroom sauce with mac and cheese, my husband had some incredible pan seared scallops and asparagus... and for good measure, I ordered a side of the truffle frites with a delicious aioli to taste them based on other TripAdvisor reviews.

We all sampled from each others' dishes. This in my opinion is the mark of a solid eatery-- you can't just settle on one dish... try a little of every thing!

The service was wonderfully on point throughout our meal. We were seated promptly despite arriving early for our reservation. Our drinks, apps and entrees were out in a quick but well paced manner which allowed us to enjoy conversation and not distract hungry kids. Kudos to the staff, each of them was polite, friendly and attentive. My water glass never got below the halfway point. On a hot day, this is much appreciated!

As we paid and left to our car, we were already lamenting how we wished we lived closer to this wonderful gem of a restaurant. As if they heard us and wanted to lure us back, a staff member came out not once, but twice (!!) to return small toys my daughter had dropped out of her bag while we had been eating. He ran out to our car two times to return a tiny tea set, with a huge smile both times! I am so happy to see great service still exists!!!

We discussed how and when we can return to this restaurant again... we will be back! I am happy to recommend it to any friends, family or human beings who are in the vicinity of Alexandria, VA!

1  Thank beenane

Reviewed July 13, 2012

Went for Sunday brunch with friends. Delectable food! Two of us had the blackened salmon sandwich -- crunchy on the outside and juicy on the inside -- outstanding. Went back a few weeks later for a midweek lunch and had the same blackened salmon on top of a Salade Nicoise and it was even better! Could be my new favorite lunch, although I really love their hamburgers which are extraordinarily tasty (made from angus steak). Attentive, friendly service. Outdoor seating is surprisingly pleasant even in hot weather due to the awning and huge ceiling fans.

Reviewed June 12, 2012

I've been to this place a couple of times, and I thoroughly enjoyed it! Both times I was there with friends, and we were attended to, but not bothered, which is a nice balance to find when going out to eat! I had Their crab cakes are huge, and the sweet potato fries are amazing. Definitely recommended! They also use locally-grown and raised ingredients, which I appreciate. I love it!

2  Thank QuickWhitTravel
Reviewed May 20, 2012

My friend suggested this place based on his good brunch experiences there. It's kind of an out-of-the-way location in an area of office buildings, not a lot of other commercial activity, especially on a Saturday evening. The outdoor dining area was really very pleasant in the evening, and service by our smiley waiter John and his helpers was quite good. I would have given higher marks aside from the food itself. It was palatable, but that's all I could say. I had chicken francaise, highly recommended by John, and my friend had bacon cheeseburger sliders. We both agreed that the food was devoid of flavor. All the right basic ingredients were there, but somehow the food was prepared without any noticeable seasoning to make it enjoyable. Too bad, because everything else was quite nice, really.

Reviewed April 2, 2012

The food was not just mediocre and the same ol restaurant food. It was unique and perfectly cooked.