“Food is good, but pricey”
Review of Walker's Grille - CLOSED

Walker's Grille
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Walker’s Grille is a family owned restaurant that promotes sustainable practices through implementing a green design and green restaurant strategies. One of the first steps to going green was deciding to build within an existing LEED certified newly constructed building complex in Metro Park Alexandria. Walker’s Grille will be using practices and equipment that will reduce energy consumption, water usage and will also implement a rigid recycling program, which will effectively reduce the restaurant’s carbon footprint and maintain the existing sustainable efforts that are already in place. The restaurant will serve as a “greening” model and example to other restaurants in Fairfax County. Walker’s Grille will also be supporting the local farming community by providing locally grown organic food and a healthier choice of foods to the community.
Reviewed March 16, 2012

This is our second time at Walker's and we got the crab and shrimp dip. This app was really delicious and they actually give you enough bread for the amount of dip!! We went there for happy hour, and got an IPA they have on tap. It's nice that they don't have just bud, miller lite etc. My husband got the southwestern salad, which was really good. I got the wedge salad, which is amazing as well. They have outdoor seating, so its a perfect place to go for spring/summer!

Reviewed March 11, 2012

Minimalist decor, bland trout, and almost overdone chicken makes this just an average restaurant. The cheesecake with pecans and pralines was awesome, however.

Reviewed March 10, 2012

We were so excited when Walker's Grill opened. This is the only farm to table restaurant in the area and it is fantastic. The appetizers are very good. Recently, I had the IPA Fish and Chips. The fish was so delicate and the breading was perfect. My husband ordered the blackened pork chop. It was excellent too.

Walker's Grill is located in a business park. A couple of friends told me that me that they assumed it was a deli. It is far from it, but rather fine dining,

Reviewed February 25, 2012

The crab cakes were great! Service was really good. My nephew loved the kids meal choices. The grilled portabellos were also very good.

The atmosphere is fairly generic sports bar-ish, but much better than the usual chains in this area of suburban sprawl.

Reviewed January 20, 2012

The wedge salad at Walker's Grille is amazing...I would definitely recommend that. My husband got the fried chicken, which was amazing. And the apple beignets for dessert were to die for.

The only thing I didn't like was the lighting and how bright it was in there. I think they could tone it down a bit. Since it is a small place and given the table set-up, dimming the lights would make it feel more cozy and intimate.

Otherwise, I would definitely try again, there were many more things on the menu that looked great! I would probably be more likely to come back when you can sit outside.