“My favorite place in the 22310 zipcode”
Review of Walker's Grille

Walker's Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Walker's Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #125 of 759 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Walker’s Grille is a family owned restaurant that promotes sustainable practices through implementing a green design and green restaurant strategies. One of the first steps to going green was deciding to build within an existing LEED certified newly constructed building complex in Metro Park Alexandria. Walker’s Grille will be using practices and equipment that will reduce energy consumption, water usage and will also implement a rigid recycling program, which will effectively reduce the restaurant’s carbon footprint and maintain the existing sustainable efforts that are already in place. The restaurant will serve as a “greening” model and example to other restaurants in Fairfax County. Walker’s Grille will also be supporting the local farming community by providing locally grown organic food and a healthier choice of foods to the community.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“My favorite place in the 22310 zipcode”
Reviewed October 22, 2011

We have been here many times for lunch. The food is amazing and always fresh. Service is also great. My favorite dish is the Blackened Salmon Nicoise Salad. The hummus trio and Fried “Prosciutto” Wrapped Smoked Mozzarella Caprese are great appetizers. The decor is also nice, modern and simple. They just completed the outdoor dining area, it's beautiful and helps with the ambiance. It can be a little pricey for lunch. To alleviate the price during the week they also advertise daily lunch specials i.e. sliders with frites (fries) for $9.00. Since we're always on a lunch time crunch it is very important that service is fast and efficient. I am never disappointed with that at Walkers.

• Visited September 2011

Lithia, Florida
“Great food FINALLY comes to the suburbs”
Reviewed October 7, 2011

I love this place. It has been open for less than a year but rivals any place in DC with service, food, and ambiance. All food local, staff makes great recommendations and with the new outside heated patio, a place to hang until it snows!!!

• Visited October 2011
JRWilcox
“Nice option near Kingstowne”
Reviewed September 24, 2011

I am so glad to have a nice restaurant that is not a chain within walking distance of my home. Walker's Grille serves organic food in an environment that strives to reduce its own carbon footprint. Most meats and cheeses tell you the origin or farm from with they come. The meat was fresh, grass fed and cooked to perfection. Food was flavored nicely and came in reasonable portions. Our server was great! He allowed us to sample the wines before we purchased and he was genuinely interested making our experience enjoyable. There was a good selection of entrees and desserts on the menu which is surprising for an organic restaurant. This is the place you could become a regular because of the food and the service; we felt like we had new friends by the time we left.

• Visited September 2011
Alexandria VA
“A dissapointment”
Reviewed August 5, 2011

My husband and I were so excited that we might have a great restaurant just around the corner...finally! To our disappointment the brunch at Walkers was anything but great. His hash-browns were burned, the biscuits were so hard they could have broken a window and the gravy tasted like it came from a grocery store Bob Evans packet. My shrimp and grits were also disappointing. The cost of my meal was $15 of which I received three shrimp, grit's souffle (which taste nothing like grits). The best food option that we had was the sausage and the mimosas were good as well. We will not be returning. The waitress/bartender was not very interested in assisting us. Once the manager came over he gave us a coupon to make us feel better...which it didn't! We are still searching for a good restaurant in the Franconia/Kingstowne area. Hopefully one day!

• Visited August 2011
Washington, DC
“The food and service are amazing!”
Reviewed July 29, 2011

A friend of mine took me to Walker Grille for a belated birthday celebration. She had already been there four times in the last two weeks and couldn't stay away, and now I know why. I ordered the portobello mushroom sandwich with spinach, arugala, gouda, and grilled red onions, which came with a side of "frittes." The sandwich, which was served on a multi-grain bun, was perfectly cooked and very juicy. The fries came with home-made roasted tomato ketchup, and were also good with the extra dressing I requested because it was so good on the sandwich. My friend got the blackened salmon nicois salad, which was filled with grilled aspargus, eggs, kalamata olives, roasted potatoes, green beans, and a large piece of organic salmon. It wasn't easy deciding what to get because the menu is so varied and everything looked good. Since it was designed and is run as a "green" restaurant, eating there is practically guilt-free. In addition, the wait staff is friendly and knowledgeable. I can't wait to go back with my husband!

• Visited July 2011