“Free cupcakes -- what great marketing!”
Review of Occasionally Cake

Occasionally Cake
Ranked #20 of 27 Bakeries in Alexandria
Alexandria, Virginia
“Free cupcakes -- what great marketing!”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

This famly run place offered free cupcakes last weekend and we really enjoyed them. They were soft cake and rich buttercream frosting, with no sugar crystals like some cheaper or poorly made icings. Top notch. I plan to use them to bring dessert to pot lucks at work, and for special events when I want a variety of desserts for friends and family. Thanks for the freebies--we'll be back!

Visited July 2012

Fort Belvoir, Virginia
“Small Shop , Good Cupcakes.”
Reviewed May 24, 2012

This little shop is more kitchen than store but, they do make a good cupcake. They say they have 150 flavors. They only make a select several flavors a day. Out of 3 cupckaes bought only one was dry and the flavor combo not that to brag a bout. We'll be making a trip back though!
Take your box with you , it gets you 5 % off anf make sure to keep their card with you too to have marked. After 12 cupcakes , you get a free cupcake.

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank Sandra M
Alexandria, VA
“I wasn't a cupcake fan until I came here.”
Reviewed January 27, 2011

It is true. There's a huge hype in the DC area about cupcakes. There's little boutique shops popping up all over claiming to make the most delicious cupcakes and charging about $3 per cupcake. And everyone knows there's even one place that has/had their own tv show. Occasionally Cake knocks the socks off of all the competitors!

I drive past Occasionally Cake every day to work or the gym(how counterproductive, right?). I was really curious about the cakes they made and decided to go in one day, as my daughter's birthday was nearing.

The cakes are fantastic!! They're super cute and they'll do just about what ever you want. However, the best part of Occasionally Cake is not their creative cakes. Oh, no. It's their cupcakes. Their delicious, moist, and uniquely flavored cupcakes. I've never been so impressed with the selection alone. Some of their fun flavors include fuzzy navel, rootbeer float, lime in the coconut, and peanut butter cup. There's also about a hundred more they have up their sleeve~~no exaggeration. I looked at the flavor book myself. (Tip: If you request nicely a few days ahead of time your favorite flavor, they will more than likely do it for you.)

Yes, it is true. I truly wasn't a fan of cupcakes until I came here. Ironically, I still haven't tried their cake. lol

After going here I became a cupcake fan. I wanted to try cupcakes everywhere to see if they were better. I've tried to overhyped place in Georgetown. I tried a very below average place in Old Town. None of them compare. Not even close.

Yes, the average price of a cupcake here will run you $3. But it will be the best $3 spent on a cupcake you'll ever spend.

Favorite Flavors: Peanut Butter Cup, Cookies and Cream, Lime in the Coconut, Tiramisu, and Red Velvet

• Visited January 2011