“Great Pizza!”

Ranked #7 of 763 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Bar, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: RedRocks is located in the upper King Street area of Old Town, at 904 King Street. The 2,500 square foot space is an open floor plan with an open kitchen, spacious high-back booths, marble table tops, high ceilings and a mezzanine section for great private events.
Dallas, Texas
“Great Pizza!”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Visiting DC for vacation, with Alexandria as home-base. Found this place one night and went back a couple nights later! Great pizza, good prices. You won't be disappointed!

• Visited June 2013

Durham, NC
“Solid pizza; would go back”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We were visiting from out of state and a friend we wanted to see chose this place because it had items that fit his current diet. The atmosphere was nice with a bit of sports-bar but not too much and we could see the brick fire-oven from where we were, but our section had tables lined up too closely together so that our group and the next group kept interfering with each other's conversations unintentionally.

The service was steady and pleasant but not outstanding - I got the feeling that they might have been a little short-staffed during our visit.

The food was very good overall. My husband and child ordered a classic meatball/pepperoni pizza that was very good. Our friend had a cheese-free margherita that he devoured and another friend had a pizza with mussels still in the shell. I wasn't very hungry and tried a goat-cheese appetizer that was good but needed more of the fig jam to balance the large amount of cheese and bread.

We would consider returning the next time we're in the area.

• Visited June 2013
Minneapolis, MN
“Would definitely go back!”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

was visiting the DC area in honor of a friend’s milestone birthday and this is the restaurant she chose for her birthday dinner. After a ladies’ day of shopping in Alexandria, we met up with her husband and young children for pizza at Red Rocks. They had been raving to me about this pizza place all weekend, and it lived up to its hype. We had a great dinner. Our server was very nice and helpful. She seemed to understand that we were trying to enjoy a leisurely dinner and I felt provided the right amount of assistance and she paced our meal well. But I did notice the tables around us turned over in a reasonable amount of time, so if you didn’t want to take a long time, I think they could get you back out of there in a decent amount of time. We started by sampling a few of the aged meats they cure themselves, which were wonderful. I don’t remember which ones we tried, but we had several and I liked them all. This was a nice, unique aspect to this restaurant…it’s not something you’ll find many other places. The pizza was great. We had two combinations that we split between the five of us, and both were excellent. Lots of quality ingredients, and some interesting options for adventurous eaters. The sauce is great..flavorful, not sweet, and just the right amount. The beer menu had a nice variety of choices as well. We split a couple of the desserts between the five of us as well. They were good but not amazing…I’m glad we had them as it was a birthday dinner, but there wasn’t anything special or outstanding about them. They were also very accommodating of the kids. The price was what I would expect for a non-chain pizza joint. Casual clothing is fine, and all types of groups would be welcome here: families with kids, couples, groups of friends. The restaurant is clean. The atmosphere is casual, a bit loud (loud enough you couldn’t hear what was going on at the tables around you, but quiet enough you could still hear the others at your own table), a little dark, sort of like a sports bar, I guess. I’d definitely go back if I was in the area again.

• Visited May 2013
Fairfield, California
“Can't wait to go again!”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

After such a disappointing meal at Notting Hill (so bad that we couldn't finish) we popped into Red Rocks on a whim. So good! I pretty love brick oven pizza, but they have such a yummy selection of toppings that other places don't carry. They also have a nice beer selection. We are planning to go again really soon!

Visited April 2013
Greenville, South Carolina
“Wow! Great...and I mean great...Pizza!”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Walking around Alexandria (where my wife lived for ten years) was enjoyable, but finding RedRocks was outstanding. We just wanted something light for lunch, and thought this would work. We had a couple of micro-brews then our pizza's arrived. She enjoyed a plain pepperoni pie and I decided to get a sausage and ham pie. They came to the table and looked great...smelled great...and tasted great. Thin and airy crust below the toppings, cheese and sauce, and a nice chewy crust around each pie. We ate three (of six) slices each, and took the rest back to enjoy before our flight home. I will say this...this kind of pizza is much better eaten fresh and hot. We enjoy cold pizza, but it certainly was not as good as when it came out of the oven. The waiter was very good, and we really enjoyed our visit. Will be back when we return to the DC area!

• Visited May 2013