“Quick meal, better than fast food, good coffee”
Review of Panera Bread

Panera Bread
Ranked #322 of 767 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 12, 2014

We had a quick lunch on a Sunday. Service was quick and food was above avg for a little more than fast food prices. Great crusty baguettes and soup and salads. Get small salad , plenty large for a meal.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

Great place for a good variety of foods, from breakfast to dinner. The selection is enormous with so many pastries, sandwiches, salads, and others to choose from. Hard to make a choice. There are always some specials that are worth trying. I like this place as you can sit near the fireplace and use your laptop on those cold winter days. Generally, this place is not overrun with the computer crowd, so not so hard to get a plug in for your computer. It gets real busy for lunch during the week and weekends. So, best to go at some different hours and the service will be good and easy to find a place to sit. There is outdoor tables and even in the Fall and Winter this is not so bad if it is sunny day. I like the new flatbread sandwiches with a soup or salad. Make a great lunch or late afternoon dinner.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Stopped at Panera Bread after arriving in the area. They have a great reasonably priced menu. I had the strawberry poppy seed chicken salad. It was the best. Can't wait to go back. Others in my party had soup and sandwiches and loved them. Service was good.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

Well , I love Panera Bread. I found out the hard way that you have beat the lunch crowd on weekdays to get in & get your food quickly. But , I always have a great experience when coming here & the staff is very polite ! TRY the cupcakes ! :)

Reviewed June 6, 2014

The food is fine but the service is very odd. They give you a vibrating pager and after it goes off you go to the pickup counter. There is usually no one there when you get there and when you show them the blinking pager they tell you to chuck it in the basket. Then you have to interrogate them to figure out which food on the counter is yours. They have no idea whose is whose based on your pager number. The last time I went there I took the bag they gave me and went home. At home I discovered there was no steak OR cheese on my steak and cheese sandwich. Just mayo, lettuce and tomato. I took it back and they fixed it but no one really seemed to be sorry about it. Too much of an impersonal chain restaurant for me to want to frequent. Won't be going back. I will say that the facilities were all very nice and the cashiers were all very good as well. It was just the part where you get your food (which is the primary reason you go to a restaurant) is where it gets sketchy.