“Regular”

Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 9, 2013

They are wonderful ONLY FOR LUNCH SPECIALS MONDAY - FRIDAY... Weekends is a complete rip off. I love the 2 roll lunch special, and the Bento box. The Bento box is only 10 bucks during the week, however on weekends its OVER 20 FOR THE SAME THING!!! Crazy! So I will call this my lunch place, and that is it. The food quality is good for a quick bit, but like I said only during the day M-F.

1  Thank Brittani G

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Have eaten here a few times and took my sister for lunch today for her birthday. I had the sashimi lunch with miso soup and the sushi roll with soft shell crab. Sis had one of the salmon rolls and one of the tuna rolls. Nice presentation and delicious. Nice staff too. David in particular is charming and attentive. He was friendly and helpful when I called to make the reservation. He stopped by the table twice while we were eating to say hello and check on us. It's a bit pricey for lunch and that's the only reason I did not give an excellent rating.

Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

We love going here for great sushi. The service is quick and they have great staff. They have a wonderful selection and we never get bored trying new rolls.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

I know I know I should be more politically correct, but I don't believe in this whole Fusion Thing...
We are not in Miami and it just doesn't workout...
I say stick to the basic... Just make "Chinese" American Style Food and call it a day...
Yeah the Sushi is pretty and you put a glow stick in it, I say just throw that away and drop the price for below grade sushi for the area.
I HAVE never had the problem paying, but if i'm getting the same crap they roll up across the parking lot at Shoppers and putting it on a Pretty Plate I say NO!
Thai food, Really????
If there isn't a THAI Cook in the back it should be called FAKE
I have been around way too long in the restaurant business to figure that Some Food are just meant to be made by a Native...
I'm not crashing this place, but they could either make a better menu and continue to charge what they charge or please moved closer to Springfield Mall...

I say try it out, you will come back to my review and give me props

Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

I have dined at Kumo many times with family and friends and all agree it is the go-to place for Asian Fusion in the area. The food is of high quality from appetizers, sushi, entrees to deserts. I haven't had one bad meal here. I have my favorites which are predominately Chinese and Japanese (sushi). I can say the following are very good:
Spring rolls, edamame, seaweed salad, Grand Mariner Shrimp, Crispy Shredded Beef, Lobster (see pics), various sushi, cake/panko encrusted ice cream and banana.
Only critique would be service, which is good/great most of the time but could get challenging when busy, partly due to the fact that it is a team style service so it gets confusing with who is the primary person. regardless, service has ALWAYS been friendly and welcoming and it isn't a stuff place, you can relax and feel comfortable and enjoy the dining experience. This place is a "must-go", you shouldn't be disappointed.