We stayed here for five nights while visiting Washington, DC on vacation, last week of October to start of November, 2013. "We" was three of us - mom, dad, 9 year old son. I pored through hotel options before choosing this one, because I wanted to be able to walk to the Metro if needed. I also didn't want to pay the much higher prices for hotels that are closer to the attractions in downtown Washington. This hotel fit the bill nicely. The hotel shuttle was available to use, and out of 10 trips on the Metro from / to Huntington Station, we used the shuttle 3 times to get from the hotel to the station. The other 7 times we walked. The distance is probably about 1 mile, if you use the shortest route possible, figure it out on Google Earth in advance. We are "walkers", we like to walk, so know your own limitations and use the shuttle if you don't like to walk. The Huntington Metro Station is at the end of the yellow line - no other colors, the train can only go one direction from Huntington, so this makes it a little easier to figure out if you are new to the Metro. The Metro in general is very easy to use - check out the web site, routes, fare options, etc. in advance. We did not have a rental car, we traveled to the hotel from Ronald Reagan airport via the Metro. There are some limited restaurant options in the immediate vicinity of the hotel - if you're walking. So we walked a mile or so south to multiple dinner options. If you like to walk, you have a stroller, and you are headed south from the hotel, stick to the sidewalk on the west side of Richmond Highway, as it disappears for one short distance adjacent to guardrail on the east side, walkers can get through on the east side but maybe not strollers. If you don't like to walk - take the Metro somewhere for dinner or if you have a rental car, there are many options within easy driving distance from the hotel. The hotel itself was very clean and up-to-date. We were on the ground floor (one floor below lobby) and the room had high ceilings (don't know if all floors have this) - this helped to make the room feel spacious. Staff was very helpful. Breakfast was good - three or so cereal options, yogurt, make-your-own pancakes, eggs, bacon / sausage, bananas, fruit juices, milks, coffees, and some awesome cinnamon rolls. The hotel has two washers and two driers available for guest use, no charge, but bring your own soap. The room had a refrigerator. The only negative to the stay was the last night (a Saturday) there was a large group of high-school age kids staying in the hotel (need I say more?), and the kids in the room above us apparently got no sleep that night - we got little ourselves due to the noise they made. The hotel staff tried to quiet the kids. We asked to be moved but the hotel was booked, no other rooms open. This is the only night of the five that we were there that the hotel was that full - all other nights had fewer guests (and no high-school age kids) and all was quiet. We highly recommend this hotel if any of the above details appeal to you. If we return to Washington DC anytime soon we would return to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express® Hotel & Suites Alexandria - Fort Belvoir is set just off historic Route-1/Richmond Highway near Old Town. Business and military travelers benefit from having the I-495 Capital Beltway and I-95 within two miles of the hotel's door. Alexandria, VA is just across the Potomac River from Washington, DC. While you're here, you can securely communicate with clients via the free high-speed, wired and wireless Internet access. The Business Center and meeting room make it easy to get work done so you can enjoy the area. We're just an eight-mile drive from Ronald Reagan National Airport (DCA). The hotel's leisure guests love Alexandria, VA, as well. We're close to Historic Old Town Alexandria, George Washington's Mount Vernon, National Harbor, Tanger Outlets, Arlington National Cemetery and about eight miles from the attractions, museums and monuments of this nation's capital. You can go shopping in Old Town Alexandria, tour the artwork at the Athenaeum and then wrap up the day with dinner and a drink at Gadsby's Tavern. Our guests love the complimentary shuttle to the nearby Huntington Metro station. You'll be energized to see the sights thanks to the free Express Start Breakfast Bar. Enjoy the comforts of home, a 24-hour Fitness Center and more from our hotel's perfect location in Alexandria, VA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir Hotel Alexandria
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir