Holiday Inn Express and Suites is located a little further from the DC and Old Town Alexandria area than we wished but this establishment was quickly to be found a jewel and ideal place to stay.
The family, wife and two boys (ages 6 and 7), stayed at this location for three nights at the end of east coast two week family vacation. The low cost, free breakfast and shuttle, and use of the neighboring hotel's (managed by the same company not associated with either hotel) pool quickly attracted me to this Holiday Inn Express.
About half-way through our stay and while touring the local DC national attractions my wife looked at me and commented about how wonderful the hotel and staff were. Those were my thoughts exactly!
This hotel offers almost everything that a traveler would wish for. The room was one of the cleanest that I have encountered in any hotel. There is no restaurant or bar but the hotel does offer a free shuttle, not only to the DC metro stop (about four blocks away) but to Old Town Alexandria's (King Str) area where there is variety of restaurants and shops that would offer even the season traveler a pause in making their choice. Despite the lack of restaurant the hotel offers a free full breakfast each morning from 630 am to 930. Entries include but not limited to scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, bacon and sausages, variety of muffins, pancakes, cinnamon rolls, coffee, juice, cereal, and milk.
Even with the free shuttle, clean rooms, and free breakfast the true jewel of this trip were the staff. Every member of the staff were professional, friendly, courteous, and had a desire to make your stay at their hotel the most pleasant experience you ever encountered. Phill, Corey, Kelvin, and Aesmesen were the four front desk and drivers that we experienced the most during our trip and everyone one of these four made our stay extra special. These four, along with their co-workers, went beyond what was expected of them to ensure we were experiencing the best experience possible while at their hotel. Their everyday smiles and comments showed the pride they have in their job.
My only negative comment would be the heating/cooling system used. The air conditioner is a wall based unit located at the base of the window that is controlled by a separate wall based thermostat. The air conditioner would blast out the cold air until the desired temperature was reached. It would turn off when the temperature is reached only to be triggered again when not. This blast would be full and load blast of air across the room. This would make the room sometimes unbearable.
If and when I visit DC again I will definitely make this my place to stay. Outstanding job by the staff and great economic value for any stay in DC.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express® Hotel & Suites Alexandria - Fort Belvoir is set just off historic Route-1/Richmond Highway near Old Town. Business and military travelers benefit from having the I-495 Capital Beltway and I-95 within two miles of the hotel's door. Alexandria, VA is just across the Potomac River from Washington, DC. While you're here, you can securely communicate with clients via the free high-speed, wired and wireless Internet access. The Business Center and meeting room make it easy to get work done so you can enjoy the area. We're just an eight-mile drive from Ronald Reagan National Airport (DCA). The hotel's leisure guests love Alexandria, VA, as well. We're close to Historic Old Town Alexandria, George Washington's Mount Vernon, National Harbor, Tanger Outlets, Arlington National Cemetery and about eight miles from the attractions, museums and monuments of this nation's capital. You can go shopping in Old Town Alexandria, tour the artwork at the Athenaeum and then wrap up the day with dinner and a drink at Gadsby's Tavern. Our guests love the complimentary shuttle to the nearby Huntington Metro station. You'll be energized to see the sights thanks to the free Express Start Breakfast Bar. Enjoy the comforts of home, a 24-hour Fitness Center and more from our hotel's perfect location in Alexandria, VA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir Hotel Alexandria