WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir
Ranked #23 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Port Saint Lucie, FL
“Great Hotel for little money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

We searched high and low for a hotel to stay at for our recent trip to Washington, DC, that would not "kill" our $$$$. After using all of the quick sites for cheap hotels and such, we called directly and the customer service rep that my wife spoke with was phenominal. Once we got to the hotel from the airport, Reagan National via the metro, we knew we had the right hotel. Very close to the metro. Very courteous and friendly staff. Clean rooms and comfortable rooms.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank rajunwild
HolidayInnExpressAlx, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Thanks for a great review. We love your screen name by the way ;) Glad you had a wonderful time at the property and you didn't have to break the bank to stay with us. Please come back and visit the Holiday Inn Express-Alexandria Fort Belvoir the next time you are in Washington D.C.

Amanda Sellman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Korean first
Galesburg, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

My family stayed here while visiting DC. Loved the shuttle to the metro and were quickly there when we returned at the end of the day. The hotel is a great price and clean. This location is also close to stores and restaurants. Loved the helpful staff.
I only had a couple negatives. Our room faced the street and the road traffic was loud. I'm a lite sleeper! Also our room was right above the front door so not only did we here people arriving late but if someone went out for a smoke break we could hear them talking or laughing. Just a thought to the staff to find a new location for the astray!
Overall we loved our stay and would stay again!

Room Tip: If you are a lite sleeper ask for a room not facing the road and not above the entrance!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for your review. We are sorry about the noise outside your room. Also glad to hear you still enjoyed your stay with us. The next time you are in Alexandria or D.C. we will make sure to upgrade you and put you on the back side of the hotel.

Amanda Sellman
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

This was an excellent hotel -- fair price, clean, free breakfast, extremely friendly staff (especially Phill at the front desk). We chose this hotel based upon its proximity to the Huntington Metro (free shuttle from the hotel), which made quick trips in and out of Washington easy. Plus the hotel is surrounded by lots of restaurants, so finding a place to eat for dinner is easy. The five of us had a great stay, and we'll definitely stay here again!

1 Thank sajesch s
HolidayInnExpressAlx, Front Desk Agent at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
To Guest

This is Phill at the Front Desk. I really appreciate you taking time out of your busy day and writing a review about the hotel and also giving me a shot out ;0) We hope when you come back to Washington D.C. you will stay at the Holiday Inn Express Alexandria-Fort Belvoir.

Phill Sanders
Front Desk Agent
Brisbane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stayed here for four nights whilst visiting DC and found the hotel to be very clean, quiet and above all, some of the most helpful and friendly staff I have ever encountered in most American hotels, including the major brands in New York costing over ten times the nightly rate of this hotel.
One of the people I was travelling with asked the lady running the breakfast if they had an gluten free bread and she spoke to the management of the hotel and by the next morning there was bread and cereal, which was a lovely thing to see. (in our previous New York hotel, we just got grunted at).

Alexandria is a lovely town to get dinner in and wander around the shops.

Room Tip: Go to Alexandria for dinner. Lovely place.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HolidayInnExpressAlx, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you so much for such a wonderful review. Glad to know we are your top hotel in America :) We hope the next time you are in the Alexandria area you will select the Holiday Inn Express Alexandria. Amanda Sellman General Manager
Sarasota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Cant say enough about what a positive stay this was for my family and I .We were in town to see the Capitol for 4 days and this hotel and it's excellent staff deserve your business . To list what I was pleased with would take too long so let me just say that we would def book here again and recommend it to friends.Special mention to Phil at the front desk who,without his infinite patience and professionalism ,I'm afraid I would have been sunk. Fred, the shuttle driver was another high mark for our stay, super friendly and very competent ...wish I could get him to drive me full time.:)
Amanda and the holiday inn should be proud of the service they provide. For the price and the convenience , and last but not least...for an enjoyable trip...I would highly recommend this hotel

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

Had an excellent experience staying here. The room was clean and comfortable, as I expected it would be, but I have to say the highlight was the courteous employees. I believe Judy was the name of the woman who served our breakfast--a total gem. And the shuttle was a wonderful convenience. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

I have stayed here twice and highly recommend this hotel. The first time there were issues with my room (telephone and internet issues). Phil was uber-helpful and made things right. My second trip was planned and pre-paid but had to be pushed forward because of impending weather; the staff was again, very helpful and made everything right. The genuinely friendly staff, (wish I could name the lady in the breakfast area and the lady cleaning the lobby) offer more than a half-way hello that you get at some hotels; these folks look you in the eye and smile while saying good morning. Phil at the front desk made awesome recommendations for local restaurants and David, well he was the true gentleman, insisting I "get in the car and stay out of the snow" while he cleaned the snow off my car. This hotel is in a great location, less than 3 miles to Old Towne Alexandria. I am looking forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: Rooms on floor one are easier accessed by parking in the back of the hotel. Rooms at the ends of th...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business