My wife and I stayed here for one overnight while waiting to take the Amtrak AutoTrain from Lorton, VA. Our son, who used to travel a great deal in his former job, had told us that the Holiday Inn Express chain was his favorite, since it was always clean and comfortable. We have stayed in HI Express hotels previously, but I must say that this particular one outshone all the others by a wide margin. The hotel was ultra-clean, comfortable, well-managed and well-staffed. The beds were comfy; the bathroom was sparkling clean; and the staff was friendly, efficient, and accommodating. The complimentary breakfast was hot and contained many healthful choices. Since we had pre-booked, we had a very reasonable rate ($86 per night), which was less that other less-desirable hotels in the Alexandria area. Apparently, HI Express shares an indoor pool with its next door neighbor, Springhill Suites. Finally, the hotel runs a free shuttle bus to the Metro stop in Alexandria, which makes it a great location for touring the sights in Washington. All in all, a very fine hotel at a very reasonable price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express® Hotel & Suites Alexandria - Fort Belvoir is set just off historic Route-1/Richmond Highway near Old Town. Business and military travelers benefit from having the I-495 Capital Beltway and I-95 within two miles of the hotel's door. Alexandria, VA is just across the Potomac River from Washington, DC. While you're here, you can securely communicate with clients via the free high-speed, wired and wireless Internet access. The Business Center and meeting room make it easy to get work done so you can enjoy the area. We're just an eight-mile drive from Ronald Reagan National Airport (DCA). The hotel's leisure guests love Alexandria, VA, as well. We're close to Historic Old Town Alexandria, George Washington's Mount Vernon, National Harbor, Tanger Outlets, Arlington National Cemetery and about eight miles from the attractions, museums and monuments of this nation's capital. You can go shopping in Old Town Alexandria, tour the artwork at the Athenaeum and then wrap up the day with dinner and a drink at Gadsby's Tavern. Our guests love the complimentary shuttle to the nearby Huntington Metro station. You'll be energized to see the sights thanks to the free Express Start Breakfast Bar. Enjoy the comforts of home, a 24-hour Fitness Center and more from our hotel's perfect location in Alexandria, VA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir Hotel Alexandria
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir