My father, 12-yr-old daughter and I recently visited Washington, D.C. and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Alexandria- Ft. Belvoir for the weekend (3 days). Breakfast was very good & exceptionally varied for a hotel without a restaurant. They brought out more food as it was depleted & even when we breakfasted on a weekday, when there were no other guests that AM. The staff at this hotel was by far the best I've encountered in my long hotel history. The 2 ladies that prepare breakfast, the front desk staff, Marlena, and the driver, Fred, went above and beyond in their customer service. Housekeeping did a thorough cleaning each night and were honest. They turned in my eye glasses that I left there. Marlena offered assistance in dining suggestions in the area, and even helped me ship my eye glasses to me in N.C. I left there! The hotel offers free shuttle service to the Metro for area/D.C. sites. The drivers, Fred & Paul (?) even brought transported us to & from the Metro when we checked out! The rooms were clean, comfortably sized & equipped; the beds & pillows very comfortable. Very peaceful and stress-free stay! I will absolutely stay here, again, when in the area!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express® Hotel & Suites Alexandria - Fort Belvoir is set just off historic Route-1/Richmond Highway near Old Town. Business and military travelers benefit from having the I-495 Capital Beltway and I-95 within two miles of the hotel's door. Alexandria, VA is just across the Potomac River from Washington, DC. While you're here, you can securely communicate with clients via the free high-speed, wired and wireless Internet access. The Business Center and meeting room make it easy to get work done so you can enjoy the area. We're just an eight-mile drive from Ronald Reagan National Airport (DCA). The hotel's leisure guests love Alexandria, VA, as well. We're close to Historic Old Town Alexandria, George Washington's Mount Vernon, National Harbor, Tanger Outlets, Arlington National Cemetery and about eight miles from the attractions, museums and monuments of this nation's capital. You can go shopping in Old Town Alexandria, tour the artwork at the Athenaeum and then wrap up the day with dinner and a drink at Gadsby's Tavern. Our guests love the complimentary shuttle to the nearby Huntington Metro station. You'll be energized to see the sights thanks to the free Express Start Breakfast Bar. Enjoy the comforts of home, a 24-hour Fitness Center and more from our hotel's perfect location in Alexandria, VA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Orbitz, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir Hotel Alexandria