“Disinterested Staff”

Ranked #22 of 53 Hotels in Alexandria
Rogers, Arkansas
“Disinterested Staff”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

When we showed up to check into our room which had been reserved a couple of months in advance through Travelocity we found they already rented it out. When we pleaded with the desk clerk to help us with the situation we were told he couldn't do a thing about it. After being hung up on by Travelocity 3 times over the next hour and a half they finally agreed to a refund which we still haven't seen and it has been three weeks since this horrible experience with Holiday inn express and Travelocity.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Ken B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Dear Ken B,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Tripadvisor. We apologize for any inconvenience experienced. We are sincerely concerned when situations like these occur, and would like to investigate further. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional information.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Korean first
Lauderdale, Mississippi
Reviewed July 23, 2012

When I first walked into our room, my first thoughts were whats crops to plant due to the acreage in the rooms. All kidding aside, the rooms were quite roomy. The furnishing though were standard HIX and nothing to brag about. One thing to note: My room DID NOT have a microwave and wasn't sure if that was norm for the hotel or if room was just missing it. (I never needed it so it wasn't brought up) Thought it was just strange for a HIX. Staff was very helpful. Also had a free shuttle to METRO which is the best way to get around D.C. area unless you like traffic and paying for parking. Stayed here for three nights and had no problems here.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We rolled into Alexandria at 10pm one night without a reservation and after a little looking around we settled on the HIE. This was a good choice. For one thing, my phone charger was missing and the front desk clerk lent me his personal charger for the night -- what a lifesaver!

The breakfast was good and the room was clean and well-appointed for our needs. A tad pricey, but we would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 4 days and was absolutely amazed at how pleasant the staff was. This was my first visit to DC and I was extremely nervous about riding the Metro. Vince took the time to explain the Metro color coded system to me. When he was done he asked the driver Chandu would he take me to the Metro station so I could become familiar with it before taking it for the first time on Monday. Chandu took me to the Metro Station and explained how I would get my ticket and showed me where to stand when I was ready to be picked up. The following morning I was like a little kid going to my first day of school. I was very nervous and unfortunately it was raining. Mr. Fred was the shuttle driver and he offered me his personal umbrella for me to use during my stay. I was very thankful for this kind gesture because I was going to training and didnt want to be wet or have my hair wet when I arrived.

When I got back to the hotel Vince was there and he asked me how my day was and how was my commute (this became a daily regime.) I was so far away from home but they made me feel like I was amongst family by asking me how my day and commute was.

Vince, Fred and Chandu are truly great people/workers. When I first met them they were strangers. When I left, they were family.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your kind words. We really apprecaite your review. Fred was pleased to hear that he made your stay. We hope that if you return to Alexandria we will be your top choice. Thanks again and have a wonderful summer.

Amanda Sellman
Paducah, Kentucky
Reviewed June 23, 2012

The staff was very accommodating and pleasant! The rooms were very clean and smelled clean too. Also, the rooms were larger than in many hotels. We stayed 6 nights and were very pleased with this newer hotel. The shuttle to the metro was great,be sure to get a card with their phone number so you can call for pick up. Our driver Fred, was great and very informative. Breakfast included a nice variety, even had grapefruit a couple of days and the servers were very helpful. One even remembrered that i liked grapefruit and brought me one from the back the next day. What an unexpected treat from a chain hotel.
Our room was on the front of the hotel, next to the street. I was worried about noise, but it was not a problem. We heard very little.
Another plus was the short distance to Old Alexandria,where we enjoyed one nice evening.
This hotel was a bit more expensive than we are accustomed to paying but I shopped around extensively and this was the best value for the money that I could find. We were not disappointed, even added an extra night to our stay. Weekend rates are much less than week day.
I highly recommend this hotel!
Oh, one last thing, every other Tuesday night they have a manager's reception at 5:30. Check it out, it was quite nice the week we were there.

Room Tip: Manager's reception every other Tuesday 5:30=tasty If traveling with more than 2 people and can...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Charlotte H
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed June 20, 2012

What a great place to stay, everyone their seems to love their jobs from Fred the shuttle driver to the lovely lady that takes care of breakfast buffett. The enthusiasm of the employees helps make your day wonderful. They take care of the guests in a way that makes you feel valued. It is an easy shuttle ride to the Metro that quickly gets you to Old Town Alexandria and downtown DC. We will be statying here again when we return to DC.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Summit
Reviewed June 19, 2012

We stayed here for a week while seeing all the sights in DC. First of all everyone was friendly and I can not say that enough. The hotel is close to the metro stop and the hotel shuttle was great taking us to the metro and picking us up. We enjoyed our stay here very much.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple