The hotel is "mostly" clean, and well located close to D.C. as well as Arlington. When I say "mostly" I mean that the hotel is up to date and modern, but could use a little more attention to detail in the housekeeping department. Case in point(s): Gave a family of four only 2 towels when replacing 4; pile of tic tacs on floor next to vending area (and subsequent hallway) have been there for over 36 hours now. NO WAY they could have been missed by the staff unless they were blind. Issue brought to the attention of the front desk moments ago............we'll see if area is cleaned up by tomorrow morning.
Hotels in D.C. are pricey by the way. Expect to pay anywhere from 50-60% more than you would in another metro area for a hotel. An example would be about $109 for a comperable Holiday Inn Express in the metro Atlanta area. Here around D.C. expect $150+ for the same hotel. Price of doing business I guess.?.
No pool at this hotel. You have to go next door to their sister hotel (Staybridge Suites) and use their pool. This hotel does have a hot tub though!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express® Hotel & Suites Alexandria - Fort Belvoir is set just off historic Route-1/Richmond Highway near Old Town. Business and military travelers benefit from having the I-495 Capital Beltway and I-95 within two miles of the hotel's door. Alexandria, VA is just across the Potomac River from Washington, DC. While you're here, you can securely communicate with clients via the free high-speed, wired and wireless Internet access. The Business Center and meeting room make it easy to get work done so you can enjoy the area. We're just an eight-mile drive from Ronald Reagan National Airport (DCA). The hotel's leisure guests love Alexandria, VA, as well. We're close to Historic Old Town Alexandria, George Washington's Mount Vernon, National Harbor, Tanger Outlets, Arlington National Cemetery and about eight miles from the attractions, museums and monuments of this nation's capital. You can go shopping in Old Town Alexandria, tour the artwork at the Athenaeum and then wrap up the day with dinner and a drink at Gadsby's Tavern. Our guests love the complimentary shuttle to the nearby Huntington Metro station. You'll be energized to see the sights thanks to the free Express Start Breakfast Bar. Enjoy the comforts of home, a 24-hour Fitness Center and more from our hotel's perfect location in Alexandria, VA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir Hotel Alexandria