“Spacious, clean, no frills but pleasant.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir
Ranked #24 of 53 Hotels in Alexandria
Arkansas
“Spacious, clean, no frills but pleasant.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

I was visiting my son and his family in Alexandria, and wanted a newer, clean hotel close to my son. This hotel was clean and met all my needs. They have a shuttle to the Huntington Metro which was great for me since my son lives one block form Huntington. Both shuttle drivers were very courteous, and Fred took me right to my son's front door which was an enormous help to me. He was extremely polite and helpful. I appreciate his help with my luggage also. I would definitely stay there again.
Note: I was in room 100 at first which is extremely isolated and decided to change rooms which was very easy to do.

Room Tip: Just avoid 100 unless you want to be isolated.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank bronwyn4

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Korean first
Trumansburg, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

We went to DC during the week between Christmas and New Years, and wanted a inexpensive and convenient hotel - we found one.
The staff were very helpful and friendly. The parking was free and they provided a free shuttle to the train station. We decided to drive in and found parking for $13 for the day which was cheaper than the 3 of us taking the train in. The drive was only 20 mins. during morning rush hour.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank biltonen
Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

We stayed last weekend at this hotel for a sports event. The staff was very nice. The room was nice and clean. The water pressure in the shower was good too. The breakfast bar was very nice with a good variety of sausage, eggs, yogurt and pancakes made on demand on a conveyor belt.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 4th floor. I would recommend a room that is numbered lower such as 1-10 as you will...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank NavyWifeJapan
Alexandria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

The shuttle drivers are timely and friendly. Fred is the best. Always has a smile and opens the doors. Most convenient hotel to the metro without being downtown. Two thumbs up.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Lincoln, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

I stayed here in Jan for 2 nights. The hotel is not really close to any restaurants (and the neighborhood is kind of sketchy to walk in) so you can either get delivery or take a cab to eat somewhere. The hotel is not within walking distance to a metro stop but they have a very nice shuttle driver that will take you to the closest stop with no advance notice required. They will also pick you up from the metro stop within 15 minutes of you calling them (very cool). I switched rooms because the TV in my first room didn't work. Overall, it's an okay hotel, but for what you are paying, you could probably find something better a lot closer to downtown DC, if that is your final destination.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cakeprincess57
Lithonia, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

My family and I made reservations at Holiday inn express & suites Alexandria /fort belvior to put it short the first room 323 had a refrigerator with old food that exploded including soda and old soda bottles in the room not clean we went down to complain and Phil who was very nice switched us to a different room 311 we moved all of our stuff to that room by ourselves and opened the door the room had clean towels but the toilet had urine in it with a soiled piece of toilet paper also the beds were not made and the fridge again trashed we went down again to complain and were moved to 309 where there were handles missing from the drawers and stained sheets that we saw after we slept because we were so exhausted. Hotels.com did not want to refund us our money but holiday inn said they would by denying the charges we have not seen this yet. Of course Amex said they would help us dispute the charge of 155.00 thanks Amex, sorry hotels.com you guys dont help your customers.

Room Tip: choose another hotel
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank sherra c
Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

This hotel is a convenient and affordable place to stay while visiting Washington D.C. It is located close to Washington National Airport, and the Huntington Metro Station is only a mile away.

The hotel appears very clean and well maintained. The front desk staff was very welcoming when we checked in, and they gave us recommendations on how to best use the metro, sightseeing, etc ... This was all helpful and much appreciated. The rooms were quiet, and we heard very little outside noise the entire stay. The complimentary breakfast selection offered was typical for a Holiday Inn Express, and the serving / eating area was very clean and well stocked. There was not a charge for parking here; most other hotels in the area do charge a nightly fee.

My only issue would involve the safety of the area. I was only at the hotel for one night, so perhaps that is not long enough to evaluate the neighborhood. We walked three blocks after dark to eat at Five Guys Burger, which we did only because traffic in the area was very heavy at the time. I was walking with quite a few others, but had there been only 2 or 3 of us I don't think I would have felt safe doing this. When we returned from eating, two police cars were in the hotel parking lot with lights on and three people were in handcuffs. The police were searching two cars that were at the Holiday Inn. I know this is not the responsibility of the hotel, but I mentioned it only because it did impact my opinion of the neighborhood.

I would definitely stay here again if visiting D.C. as I have nothing but positive comments about the hotel itself and the employees. As is probably true in any big city, though, I would use caution if staying here solo.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends