This hotel isn't necessarily advertised as an airport hotel serving Reagan National Airport (DCA), however its the best deal if you plan on staying before/after you fly. Other airport hotels offer free shuttle services to/from the airport, but they fail to let you know up front they charge anywhere from $15-20 a day for parking. Parking at the airport can run you over $20 a day. After quite a bit of research, my boyfriend and I found out that this hotel offers free parking - you don't even have to give them your license plate number or get a parking window sticker. They do NOT have a free shuttle however, they will arrange to have a taxi-cab pick you up to drive you to the airport. The taxi will run you $20-25 bucks each way, but this is significantly less than if you were staying at an airport hotel that charges just that PER DAY for parking. If you are away for a week, you will spend $100+ in parking at an airport hotel or the airport, but only $50 here. The cab ride is 15 minutes max. Plus this hotel is very quiet and not crowded, and your car will be very safe compared to the airport parking lot, or a busier airport hotel. There is a Mariott next door that has the same deal, free parking and you get a taxi to DCA. Also something to keep in mind, if you are trying to stay on points or rewards, this hotel is only 15,000 whereas closer Priority Club hotels that are "airport" are much more - and you pay more for parking.
The check-in/out process was excellent, and the room is top notch. Significantly more room than the Mariott next door, and much more luxurious. Also, if you are an elite Priority club member, checkin is a breeze because they already have your room keys made up and have free water waiting for you. When we checked in, we let them know we were traveling to the airport early the next morning, and went ahead and called to arrange a taxi for us. The Mariott next door will arrange it for you also, however they wait until the morning of the flight to call the taxi, whereas the Holiday sets it up in advance (much less wait time).
Only negative thing I have to say is the outlets built into the lamps don't work when the light switch is off, so if you are trying to charge your phone overnight, plug it into the outlet in the bathroom or next to the microwave. We found this out the hard way, and woke up with dead phones.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express® Hotel & Suites Alexandria - Fort Belvoir is set just off historic Route-1/Richmond Highway near Old Town. Business and military travelers benefit from having the I-495 Capital Beltway and I-95 within two miles of the hotel's door. Alexandria, VA is just across the Potomac River from Washington, DC. While you're here, you can securely communicate with clients via the free high-speed, wired and wireless Internet access. The Business Center and meeting room make it easy to get work done so you can enjoy the area. We're just an eight-mile drive from Ronald Reagan National Airport (DCA). The hotel's leisure guests love Alexandria, VA, as well. We're close to Historic Old Town Alexandria, George Washington's Mount Vernon, National Harbor, Tanger Outlets, Arlington National Cemetery and about eight miles from the attractions, museums and monuments of this nation's capital. You can go shopping in Old Town Alexandria, tour the artwork at the Athenaeum and then wrap up the day with dinner and a drink at Gadsby's Tavern. Our guests love the complimentary shuttle to the nearby Huntington Metro station. You'll be energized to see the sights thanks to the free Express Start Breakfast Bar. Enjoy the comforts of home, a 24-hour Fitness Center and more from our hotel's perfect location in Alexandria, VA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir Hotel Alexandria