Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alexandria-Fort Belvoir
Ranked #25 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed May 18, 2011

I have continued to stay at this hotel since the staff is excellent and friendly. After my second stay the front desk knew me by my name and welcome me each time. I have met w/Amanda Sellman and shared my thanks to her also.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed May 13, 2011

I recently traveled to Washington DC from South Carolina for a college tour trip and was pleasantly surprised when my family and I arrived at the Holiday Inn. The hotel was neat and clean from the inside and the lobby looked brand new. My family and I, however, ran in to trouble when we tried to check in. The desk person was very rude and discourteous and refused my AAA card. Once checked in, we required a rollaway bed for my teen son and the front desk person told me that they were too busy to bring it up. My son ended up sleeping in a sleeping bag instead. When leaving to go to dinner, I noticed that the desk agents were watching TV and gossiping -- so much for being 'too busy' to help.

This hotel is close to the metro and reasonably priced, but the poor service was not worth the hassle. Go somewhere else if you require any assistance. Very disappointing.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Mamma16
Reviewed April 26, 2011

Stayed for two nights. Hotel is only one year old and still looks new both inside and out. The lobby area and rooms are art decor. Large lobby and dining area for the standard fare HIE breakfast. Business center, though small, does have a door you can close for privacy. Bottom floor contains a small pool/hot tub but you can also you a pool next door at the neighboring hotel. 1 minute walk away. Best gym I have seen. All new equipment and they spared no expense. The entire property both inside and out looks well maintained and up to date. Room contained flat screen TV my only complaint was the bed was too soft, but how a bed feels is subjective. Room and bathroom were very clean. I highly recommend this property!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 24, 2011

I booked two nights stay for my family.

PRICE/ QUALITY RATE: 6/10 (90$ + 9% tax)
LOCATION (5/10): far from everywhere (if visiting Washington), Complimentary shuttle bus efficient but ends at 20h00. You will probably need a car.
ROOM (8/10): big, nice and clean
WIFI: (10/10): complimentary and fast enough.
BREAKFAST: (5/10): complimentary, really poor, crowded and staff is really, really slow
STAFF (5/10): check in/out - regular, restaurant - bad
AMENITIES (7/10): tea, coffe, refrigerator available, bathroom ones very poor.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank EGamboa
Reviewed April 10, 2011

2 of the beds had in one of our rooms had stains and one even had a hair along with the stain. The front desk staff brought up a bunch of sheets, that didn't fit the bed, aplogiazed and we were left to change the sheets.
The next morning though housekeeping came in early with the manager, they apologized and thoroughly cleaned the room and changed all the sheets.
The breakfast staff was very kind and generous. There were some guests that literally would grab the entire tray of bacon for themselves, they saw this and made some more just for us.
Although this hotel was close to the Metro and the shuttle was pretty convenient, it costs us $45/day for a family of 5 for a day pass which allowsunlimited travel on any of the Metro lines for a full day.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 5, 2011

I was here with my daughter's 5th grade class, we arrived on Wednesday night and departed on Saturday morning, I of course checked for bed bugs and was impressed to see the mattress looked brand new the pillows were amazing, I have stayed at many hotels but this was by far the most comfortable nights sleep i have ever had, as far as the breakfast was concerned it was very nice, a good variety, only thin that could have made it better was maybe some more fresh fruit, and with our group of at least 60 as well as other gusets they were able to keep it all full, I would definitly stay at this hotle again

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed March 21, 2011

The hotel is very clean, The rooms are large and have fridge, microwave, and a very nice tv. The location is great - a short ride to Metro and the hotel has a shuttle. When we were checking in, they gave us complimentary water and chips - a nice touch. Overall, a very pleasant stay - we'll come back when we are going to visit DC again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business