“Wonderful accommodation, professional staff and great location,”

Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South
Ranked #4 of 53 Hotels in Alexandria
Madison, Wisconsin
“Wonderful accommodation, professional staff and great location,”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2010

We were so impressed with this hotel. All of the staff was friendly, professional and accommodating. It was very clean, the beds were wonderful and the rooms were very large and quiet. The bathroom was very large, nice decor with desk workstation, large flat screen TV, internet, microwave, fridge, free parking, etc. The choice of having a wonderful hot/ cold ‘free’ breakfast each morning was also fantastic. The free courtesy shuttle to Huntington Metro Station was extremely helpful and convenient with the various drivers provide side trip ideas and recommendations were an added bonus. The fitness area had just enough equipment to get in a work out. Pool area and outside patio are relaxing area to unwind after a day in seeing the sites before dinner. We were so happy we found this hotel at the last minute and will definitely stay here again on our next visit to the Washington D.C. area; there is no better value for the money. Thank you for a great stay!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Jeremy C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South, responded to this review, September 23, 2016
Dear Traveler,
Thank you for reviewing the Hampton Inn and Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir. I’m sorry nobody has responded to your review until now. The new team in place takes great pride in providing great service.
If you are ever in Alexandria, VA. Please let me know. I would like to make your next visit outstanding. 703-619-7026.
Jeremy R. Conroy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Sautee Nacoochee, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2010

This was a brand new hotel but the service was was not up to Hampton Inn Standards.
I wouldn't stay at this property again unless they make changes in staff.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank topkik
Dear Traveler,

New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2010

Upon arrival, the front desk staff was friendly and welcoming. Our room was clean and comfortable. At one point during our stay, the hallway carpet was being spot cleaned by the housekeeping staff. The cleaner they used was refreshing without being overbearing.
The free breakfast had everything you could ask for. The breakfast area had lots of tables and was maintained throughout the morning.
The hotel is located near Washington, DC where we planned to visit. We took advantage of the hotel shuttle to take us to the Metro Station located 25 minutes away. The driver took us on a scenic route which was very nice. We called the hotel before we left DC and the shuttle was at the Metro Station when we returned to Huntington.
Overall it is a nice hotel located in a convenient area. I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Dear lata016,

Thank you for reviewing the Hampton Inn and Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir. Thank you for highlighting how comfortable you stay was. The staff truly takes pride in their work. I will be sharing your nice words with them.

Thank you again for reviewing the Hampton Inn and Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir. I look forward to your next visits to Alexandria, VA. If there is anything you think we can do to make next visit even more outstanding please call me at 703-619-7026.

Wadsworth, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2010

Brand new, really nice. We stayed one night during Spring Break with our 12 1/2 & 15 yr old kids before visiting George Washington's home in Mount Vernon. He had a suite and it was the biggest room we've ever had anywhere! It seemed like 2 rooms without the wall between. Nice kitchenette, 2 very comfortable queen beds and a pull-out couch. It was very quiet. The eating area for breakfast was very nice too. The only down side to it is the location. It's not the best area, but we felt plenty safe.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Dear sdslsjsk,

Thank you for reviewing the Hampton Inn and Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir. I’m sorry nobody has responded to your review until now. The new team in place take great pride in providing great service.

indy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2010

New and Clean. Nice little breakfast for free. Just opened in Dec 09. Stay away from Best Western - Mt Vernon!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Dear toys4tots,

USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2010

Spent 10 days here with my wife and two kids (both under 10 years old). This place is new and very clean. Room was what I expected...2 queen beds, microfridge, tv, internet access, hot breakfast, and free parking.

My only complaint is that I could hear every step the folks in the room above me made. It actually sounded like kids jumping and playing and was quite annoying. By the 2nd or 3rd night I called the front desk to complain. They actually called me back to let me know they asked the folks above to be settle down, which I thought was a nice touch.

The most pleasant person in the whole hotel was the breakfast lady. She greeted every guest with sincerity, and made sure all were taken care of.

In summary I would recommend this hotel to anyone visitng the DC Metro area. The location far from a train station so a car is necessary. We visitied areas in DC, Maryland, and Virginia so we needed a car anyway. I recommend parking at a train station and riding the Metro when going into DC.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Dear TravelingFans99,

Fredericksburg, VA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2010

This seems to be a fairly new hotel, and looks very fresh. The front desk staff and the lady working the breakfast area were all friendly, and there was a nice variety of items available - I like being able to make a fresh waffle!

The room (326) was a handicapped room right by the elevator - unless you truly need a handicapped room though, I would not recommend it. The room was nice enough, with two beds and a small fridge and microwave (a big plus since few Hamptons give you a fridge). Unfortunately, they have left a large gap under the door, presumably to shove a newspaper during the week. I would rather they try to truly seal the room from hallway noise - someone down the hall had a small child that they let run around in the hall a bit, and her squealing was very annoying.

The beds did not seem quite as comfortable as I recall, but they were still adequate and had the traditional selection of pillows. They needed to have done a better job insulating between floors though, as the room above us had one or two kids that were running back and forth after 10 p.m. and it sounded like a herd of elephants up there.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business