I loved the Hampton Inn. It was refreshing to stay at a hotel that was clean and updated. I was not disappointed at all by the accommodations. I was, however disappointed by my interactions with the staff, but for that this hotel is five star in my book. It all began with check-in, I walked in and was drawn to the desk staff person that was assisting a family and was very impressed with his service as he appeared very friendly and went above and beyond, even went so far as to whip out a map and show them the local attractions, offered advice as to how to avoid traffic and when to pick up the shuttle to get into D.C.
Unfortunately, for me, he was unable to assist me and I got the shift manager who was a grumpy old man, took his time to even greet me as I stood there, wishing the other clerk would wrap it up and provide me with the service he had just offered the other family, but no such luck. When the manager made it over to me, he was not friendly at all but, I wasn't there to make friends, just a sign of what was to be expected from staff however.
We had to call several times to address housekeeping issues and the person that answered the phone ultimately helped us but not without a bit of an attitude. We had issues with housekeeping not changing the sheets, not coming at all, and not providing towels.
Nonetheless, I would stay again because it was quiet, eventually our requests were honored, and everything was clean. Breakfast was the standard that you expect, nothing great. They did offer free coffee available all day, that was located on the first floor near the elevators so that was nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hampton Inn & Suites(R) Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South Area hotel is just minutes from George Washington's Mount Vernon Estate, the main gate of Fort Belvoir Military base, historic Old Town Alexandria, and downtown Washington, D.C.. Enjoy spacious rooms and suites with complimentary internet, flat screen TV, mini-fridge, microwave, coffee maker and more. Additional hotel amenities include complimentary parking, complimentary hot breakfast, state of the art fitness center, refreshing supervised indoor pool (limited pool hours), 24-hour business center, meeting space, and a complimentary shuttle service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South
- Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South Hotel Alexandria