“Great accommodations, staff was not so great.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South

Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South
Ranked #5 of 52 Hotels in Alexandria
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Great accommodations, staff was not so great.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

I loved the Hampton Inn. It was refreshing to stay at a hotel that was clean and updated. I was not disappointed at all by the accommodations. I was, however disappointed by my interactions with the staff, but for that this hotel is five star in my book. It all began with check-in, I walked in and was drawn to the desk staff person that was assisting a family and was very impressed with his service as he appeared very friendly and went above and beyond, even went so far as to whip out a map and show them the local attractions, offered advice as to how to avoid traffic and when to pick up the shuttle to get into D.C.

Unfortunately, for me, he was unable to assist me and I got the shift manager who was a grumpy old man, took his time to even greet me as I stood there, wishing the other clerk would wrap it up and provide me with the service he had just offered the other family, but no such luck. When the manager made it over to me, he was not friendly at all but, I wasn't there to make friends, just a sign of what was to be expected from staff however.

We had to call several times to address housekeeping issues and the person that answered the phone ultimately helped us but not without a bit of an attitude. We had issues with housekeeping not changing the sheets, not coming at all, and not providing towels.

Nonetheless, I would stay again because it was quiet, eventually our requests were honored, and everything was clean. Breakfast was the standard that you expect, nothing great. They did offer free coffee available all day, that was located on the first floor near the elevators so that was nice.

• 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank T B
HISMTVERNON, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South, responded to this review, September 23, 2014
Dear TB,

Thank you for you tripadvisor review. I want to sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience you had during your stay with us. I appreciate your providing feedback on how we can make yours and future guests stay better. I have shared this review with the entire hotel team. If I can assist you in making future reservations please let me know. I appreciate you giving us a chance in the future.

Kind Regards,

Tracey Thompson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Vero Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Excellent hotel, very clean, exceptional desk staff, AAA rate, free wi fi, coffee. Breakfast is typical Hampton and the coffee is always good. You can reach the metro by bus or short drive north on Rt. 1.

• 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your wonderful comments and we were all delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed the breakfast selections, wifi, coffee service, and found our rooms extremely clean. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to our area.

Kindest of regards,

Litchfield, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

This is was a very good hotel. I am a silver HHonors member so I do stay at a lot of Hampton Inns and this one was good. The one thing was that at 7:00AM the fire alarm went off and I did not even have to get up until 10:00AM Everyone on the 4th floor the suite floor went down outside and waited for about half an hour. I was one of them. The fire alarm was still on and the fire truck arrived outside. This was on July 5th so it was pretty busy. I finally got inside to use the bathroom becuase I really needed to and everyone was just sitting there eating there breakfast as normal.They said it was fine and the manager that day was great. The suite was very nice and I would stay there again!

Room Tip: Chose a room close to an elevator and always try to get a suite.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Dear HotelPerson2,

Our motto is "What one thing could we have done to make your stay better" and you told us. I want to thank you for providing us with your review so we can make your "One Thing" we at the hotel can do better and improve upon for our future guests. Again, Thank you so much for providing us with a review of our hotel. We look forward to your return in the future.

Kindest regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Looks like a new property that is in very good shape. Great location if traveling to Ft. Belvoir. Comfortable bed and very clean rooms. The parking was free and there are an adequate number of spaces outside the hotel. There are a number of places to eat nearby and I recommend that you try the Peruvian Charcoal Chicken restaurant.

• 4 of 5 stars
HISMTVERNON, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Dear DJT,

We couldn't agree more regarding the Peruvian Charcoal Chicken, it's a staff favorite! We look forward to seeing you again the next time your business brings you to our area, and thank you very much for your reivew; feedback is always appreciated.

Kind regards,

Tracey Thompson, General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

A well kept hotel very close to Mt Vernon and within driving distance of downtown Alexandria. The room was clean, there was ample parking and while the breakfast was not gourmet, it was more than enough at the price point. It was a pleasant stop on our road trip that exceeded our expectations.

Dear jason928,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on our behalf. We are so glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us, and that we were able to exceed your expectations; that is always our goal!

We are constantly working on ways to improve both our level of service as well as the amenities we offer, including our complimentary breakfast, so on that note, thank you for your feedback.

Kind regards,

Tracey Thompson, General Manager
Roanoke, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

I found every thing about our stay to be first rate. My business will bring me back to this area in the future and this is where I'll stay Well located for DC area attractions and Military bases. Plenty of eateries near by.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HISMTVERNON, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Dear James KC,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us. I’m glad that you had an overall enjoyable stay and that you found our facility to be first rate . I appreciate your continued loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back on your next business trip to Alexandria.

Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Close enough to the base. Standard amenities. Not bad. Decent housekeeping. Close enough to the base. Standard amenities. Not bad. Decent housekeeping. Close enough to the base. Standard amenities. Not bad. Decent housekeeping. Close enough to the base. Standard amenities. Not bad. Decent housekeeping.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HISMTVERNON, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Dear Hsin-Nan W,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us. I’m glad that you had an overall enjoyable stay and that our staff is always able to ensure you’re satisfied. I appreciate your continued loyalty and look forward to having you visit us again when you travel to our area again for TDY.