Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South
Ranked #4 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Saranac, Michigan
“excellent hotel”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

I found the hotel very clean and the staff very helpful. Our group of over 50 stayed for a week with several rooms and each was well prepared. The hotel staff was very helpful, one day we forgot to let them know of our earlier than planned departure and they worked very hard to get our breakfast ready for us. I found the manager to be very helpful and courteous. It was awesome of them to extend the pool hours for us after being out on such a long hot day (just need to let them know in advance). I would absolutely consider staying at this hotel again. The price when compared to similar hotels is excellent.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
HISMTVERNON, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Dear Glen F,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us. I’m glad that you had an overall enjoyable stay and that our staff is always able to ensure you’re satisfied. I appreciate your continued loyalty and look forward to welcoming your tour group back next year!

Tracey Thompson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Milford, New Jersey
Reviewed June 23, 2014

The hotel lobby was very nice, the room was very nice, and there was ample selection in the breakfast bar to keep guests satisfied. However, I was so disappointed in the lack of room quietness. I had asked for a "quiet room" in my reservation and was placed on the 2nd floor. Unfortunately, another patron was in the room directly above mine and that patron's actions kept me awake. Something loud dropped on the floor (heavy enough that it sounded like a dresser fell over), then small feet ran back and forth overhead from 11 pm to 12 midnight, with another loud thud about 15 minutes after the first. I called down to the front desk who assured me they would investigate but the noise continued on and off for another 45 minutes or so. It made for a very short night and waking feeling exhausted.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Dear imsavvy1,

Thank you so much for providing your feedback with regards to your stay with us. I’m so sorry to hear that you were unable to get a good night’s sleep due to the guest above you. We are taking every measure to ensure that our staff is trained on how to handle noise situations for our future guests. Again. thank you for providing us feedback so that we can improve our services for our future guests.

Gibsonville, United States
Reviewed June 23, 2014

The Hampton Inn is a good choice for a hotel anytime and this location did not disappoint. Staff was friendly and helpful. Hotel is in great shape and room were comfortable and well decorated. Good selection and variety for the complementary breakfast. I recommend this location.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Kenneth S,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us. I’m glad that you had an overall enjoyable stay and that our staff is always able to ensure you’re satisfied. I appreciate your continued loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind Regards,

Albany, New York
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Hotel was clean and well maintained but they do not advertise limited accessibilty of hotel pool during weekdays. (open 5pm- 9pm M-F) Not a great place if traveling with family and looking to use pool. Interactions with Hotel General Manager was unsatisfactory and was quite patronizing. Decent place for business travel but rates were not the greatest.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank williamcF6312HA
HISMTVERNON, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to the Northern Virginia area. As the manager (sales director) with whom you spoke, I am taking the liberty of responding to your review on behalf of the general manager who was not working on the day in question. Naturally we understand your frustration regarding the pool hours we keep (per Fairfax County law we are required to have a lifeguard on duty at all times the pool is open), and we are looking into addressing your concerns further regarding communicating these hours more effectively (M-F, 5PM – 9PM, and Sat/Sun, 11AM – 9PM). I can assure you that my intent was not to appear patronizing at all, rather to listen to your concerns and address the matter in the most effective manner possible. I understood your concern to be your child being disappointed by the fact that the pool would not be open, hence the reason I offered a complimentary item for him/her out of our suite shop as well as accommodated your request for a 1PM check-out. Again, thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention; we appreciate all feedback that affords us the opportunity to improve our service standards.

Lorne Taylor - Sales Director
Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir/Alexandria
Alexandria, United States
Reviewed June 13, 2014

We enjoyed not only the free breakfast, the room was very clean and comfortable, and the staff was exceptionally helpful, also the pool area was very well maintained and monitored, will definitely give another Hampton Inn a try

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Dear Micheal R,

Thank you for ranking our accommodations and staff service 5 stars during your recent trip to Alexandria, VA. Our team takes pride in providing each guest with a memorable experience and I'm delighted they were able to exceed your expectations. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Franklin, North Carolina
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I was looking forward to spending a relaxing 3 nights at this hotel. For the price i got $295 it exceeded my expectations. My children loved the pool. My husband loved the comfortable bed. I must admit the sheets gave off a delicate fragrance. I have never stayed at a hotel where the sheets smelled so good.

The breakfast on all 3 days was delicious. They have everything for the whole family. Bacon and eggs, orange juice, coffee, waffles, you name it. To top off the staff was very welcoming and hospitable.

Room Tip: Excellent location off of Jefferson Davis highway
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Wendy A
Dear Wendy A,

Thank you for sending in a tripadvisor review sorry it took me so long to respond. I want to Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your stay. We appreciate your continued loyalty and your genuine words about our staff members. It is our goal to ensure that each of our guests has a positive experience every time they choose to stay with us and I am happy to know that you and your family did. Thanks again for the feedback we look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

Kind regards, Tracey
North Charleston, United States
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Overall, I was satisfied with the appearance of the hotel. The room seemed to be clean. I was a little worried when I found a stick of deodorant and a package of soy sauce on the side of the bed. I had just checked in. The guest before me must have left them there. I guess that this room was not vacuumed.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Louis L
Louis L,

Thank you for telling us about your experience and I want to sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience you had during your stay with us. I appreciate you bringing this opportunity up to me which allows us to follow up with our housekeeping department so that tour future guests are taken care of. We look forward to having you visit us again.