I stayed at this location on business for six nights in November 2013. The price is right and I upgraded to King Studio Suite for just $10 more per night and I got about 25% more room. Well worth it if you are staying for a while. The property is basically very clean and there were plenty of towels in the room. The bed duvets and sheets are advertised to be clean on arrival, and this offered some peace of mind. I have stayed in other places before where the housekeeper told me they changed the duvets twice per week, “whether they need it or not” but not just because of a new occupant. The microwave and fridge in the room was convenient. The furniture and TV were good shape, and the TV nice sized for a hotel room. It is too bad they don’t get more channels, such as the NFL Network. But there are 35 channels to choose from with plenty of news and weather and local channels. The internet connection is free and works well enough. There is plenty of lighting in all areas of the room, and I had two very large windows with nice blackout curtains. Light, both natural and artificial, is better than average for a hotel. I can see how it may be noisy if the hotel is full and/or you are in the main hallway. I recommend asking for the upper floor (4th floor) away from the elevator and main hallway. I was in Room 437 which was in a small side hallway. The breakfast is satisfactory, but nothing great. That is, there is a good selection of fruit, cereals, bagels/muffins, and oatmeal, and even a novel waffle maker where you can make your own. So in short, it’s probably as good as what most people have available at home, but the eggs/meats by all indications are frozen/microwave or something similar. The eggs are not “fresh” or freshly cooked per se, and the meats are microwave style. The little mini omelets were a bit odd and not so tasty. So neither great or bad breakfast, but fine for the price of the room. If you try to eat between 7-8 a.m., you may have some trouble finding a table. The gym equipment is certainly not for real fitness buffs, but may offer enough of a workout for a time or two, but some laps around the hotel outside will prove plenty safe and a good substitute. The hotel is “no smoking” which really helps with the air quality and freshness of the rooms. Some papertowels hung in the kithenette area would be very helpful and welcome. The hotel staff was very efficient, and I arrived an hour early to find my room ready to check in, and the process took less than a minute. You will need a car to stay here and get around. All in all, this was well worth $139 per night that I paid. I would stay here again without hesitation, but would also be enticed to see what else may be better for a few dollars more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hampton Inn & Suites(R) Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South Area hotel is just minutes from George Washington's Mount Vernon Estate, the main gate of Fort Belvoir Military base, historic Old Town Alexandria, and downtown Washington, D.C.. Enjoy spacious rooms and suites with complimentary internet, flat screen TV, mini-fridge, microwave, coffee maker and more. Additional hotel amenities include complimentary parking, complimentary hot breakfast, state of the art fitness center, refreshing supervised indoor pool (limited pool hours), 24-hour business center, meeting space, and a complimentary shuttle service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South Hotel Alexandria
- Hampton Inn And Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South