“Would definitely stay here again.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South
Ranked #4 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Lexington, Kentucky
“Would definitely stay here again.”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We were very pleased with this hotel. It was very comfortable and well furnished. The free hot breakfast and business center we well appreciated. The pool has a lifeguard. The staff were extremely helpful with our early check in and late check out needs.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Jeremy C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South, responded to this review, September 23, 2016
Dear Traveler,
Thank you for reviewing the Hampton Inn and Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir. I’m sorry nobody has responded to your review until now. The new team in place takes great pride in providing great service.
If you are ever in Alexandria, VA. Please let me know. I would like to make your next visit outstanding. 703-619-7026.
Jeremy R. Conroy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 11, 2013

If you have business at Fort Belvoir, or in that direction, I recommend you look elsewhere for a hotel. This hotel can only be entered from one direction on the highway, and exiting the hotel is a challenge, requiring you to drive through gas stations to egress. The rooms are comfortable, but show wear. It has a large patio that would be a nice outside gathering site, but they only have a few chairs strewn about, and no shade. The pool, strangely, has very limited hours. The breakfast and the beds were of the quality I have come to expect from a Hampton Inn. one small thing: where were the warm cookies? In the future, I will not stay at this hotel. There are numerous others in the area that are worth considering.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Arthur P
HISMTVERNON, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Arther P of King Of Prussia,

I am sorry to hear that your stay at our hotel was a disappointment to you. I understand that it can be a challenge to get in and out of the hotel. We try to give you and our other guest visiting Fort Belvoir the best options as the concrete median across from the hotel does not allow you to cross the very busy highway. We appreciate you letting us know that your room was comfortable but was showing wear I had my maintenance and housekeeping team check the room to make sure the future guests that stay with us would be happy. As for the limited pool hours unofrtunately, Fairfax county law requires when any guest is in the pool area we must have a lifeguard on duty. I am sorry that you have decided not to stay at our hotel in the future but we understand

Again. thank you for your feedback.

Tracey Thompson
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This hotel for the most part, was very clean and VERY affordable. The hotel seemed fairly new and well appointed. We received a full breakfast in the morning, not a continental breakfast, making the value unbeatable. We would definitely stay here again.

ny
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stopped in for one night. Staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was typical Hampton Inn fare although because the hotel was in the south I had the thought that the breakfast would be better than the usual spread for a Hampton Inn. Anyway, room was very clean, and bathroom too. Staff were very informative about attractions in the area. Great place to stay as a base for touring around the area. Also no charges for parking and also free shuttle to metro to go into DC.

Room Tip: This Hampton Inn is very close to Mt. Vernon, maybe a five minute car ride.

Winchester, Virginia
Reviewed July 4, 2013

My mom was in Inova Mt. Vernon hospital. We stayed at another hotel first which was a HUGE
Mistake!!! The staff at this hotel were warm and very concerned about our comfort. There was a Huge church thzt was staying this same night 6/28/13 and the manager on duty made us feel as we were the only guests. We had to come back on 7/2 to see momma at the hospital and never dreamed of staying any where else! The room was clean bed was comfy, breakfast was great all in all awesome!!!!!

Rochester, United States
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Excellent stay at any price but the price was very reasonable. This was a GREAT value and the location worked out very well for visiting the DC area. The breakfast was outstanding and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I will definitely stay here next year when I return for my family's reunion.

Kernersville, United States
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I love this Hampton Inn not only for its appearance and location, but for its warm and friendly staff. I especially want to give thanks to front end manager, who was working morning of Sunday 6/30/13, who is friendly and sharp and took the time to sing "5 little monkeys jumping on the bed" with my 5 year old daughter! No other hotel offers such a personal touch.