“Nice Hampton, clean, great staff”

Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South
Ranked #4 of 53 Hotels in Alexandria
ny
“Nice Hampton, clean, great staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stopped in for one night. Staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was typical Hampton Inn fare although because the hotel was in the south I had the thought that the breakfast would be better than the usual spread for a Hampton Inn. Anyway, room was very clean, and bathroom too. Staff were very informative about attractions in the area. Great place to stay as a base for touring around the area. Also no charges for parking and also free shuttle to metro to go into DC.

Room Tip: This Hampton Inn is very close to Mt. Vernon, maybe a five minute car ride.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Jeremy C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South, responded to this review, September 23, 2016
Dear Traveler,
Thank you for reviewing the Hampton Inn and Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir. I’m sorry nobody has responded to your review until now. The new team in place takes great pride in providing great service.
If you are ever in Alexandria, VA. Please let me know. I would like to make your next visit outstanding. 703-619-7026.
Jeremy R. Conroy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Winchester, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

My mom was in Inova Mt. Vernon hospital. We stayed at another hotel first which was a HUGE
Mistake!!! The staff at this hotel were warm and very concerned about our comfort. There was a Huge church thzt was staying this same night 6/28/13 and the manager on duty made us feel as we were the only guests. We had to come back on 7/2 to see momma at the hospital and never dreamed of staying any where else! The room was clean bed was comfy, breakfast was great all in all awesome!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Rochester, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

Excellent stay at any price but the price was very reasonable. This was a GREAT value and the location worked out very well for visiting the DC area. The breakfast was outstanding and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I will definitely stay here next year when I return for my family's reunion.

Kernersville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

I love this Hampton Inn not only for its appearance and location, but for its warm and friendly staff. I especially want to give thanks to front end manager, who was working morning of Sunday 6/30/13, who is friendly and sharp and took the time to sing "5 little monkeys jumping on the bed" with my 5 year old daughter! No other hotel offers such a personal touch.

Frederick, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

One of the worst Hampton Inn's I have ever stayed at. There was a horrible incessant noise in the room that sounded as if an air conditioning unit was on the roof above the room. The refrigerator unit had a squeak that could penetrate the most still silence.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

2 Thank Rachael M
HISMTVERNON, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Rachel M of Front Royal,

I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your stay at our hotel. Without feedback from our guest we would not be able to improve our service. I passed on your experience with the air conditioning and the refrigerator unit to our Maintenance Supervisor.

Again, I appreciate the feedback without it we can't improve our service to our future guests.

Tracey Thompson
Roanoke, VA, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Excellent desk service and excellent breakfast attendant made this a better than usual stay at a brand we stay at more than 30 nights a year. Proximity to Mt. Vernon estate makes this a great vacation spot for sight-seers. Our 1 night stay didn't give us the opportunity to test the pool, but the gym was par for Hampton, everything you need in a safe, clean environment.

New Orleans, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

The staff at this location almost make you forget about the lack of certain things...but not completely. The air conditioning was an issue. It didn't get cool enough for me during my stay. I live in the south and like it cold inside, hot outside. The walls are not the thickest and the noise could be an issue if you spend a lot of time in your room conducting business. Overall my stay was good. The staff at this location is just excellent. I stay a week and they were consistently amazing day and night.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business