Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South
Ranked #5 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
raleigh,nc
“Rest assured here!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed here during Memorial Weekend, and although it seemed to be far away from everything, it actually was close to the shopping centers, Starbucks, Mt. Vernon, Frank Lloyd Wright House and easy to get to Olde Alexandria and DC. The service was great and friendly, and the rooms were perfect--comfortable and cheery. You can't beat a nice place with a very, very reasonable price.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Jeremy C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South, responded to this review, September 23, 2016
Dear Traveler,
Thank you for reviewing the Hampton Inn and Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir. I’m sorry nobody has responded to your review until now. The new team in place takes great pride in providing great service.
If you are ever in Alexandria, VA. Please let me know. I would like to make your next visit outstanding. 703-619-7026.
Jeremy R. Conroy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Overall the room was pretty good except for the heating/AC units. We couldn't figure out a happy medium between too cold or too hot in the rooms. The indoor pool water was very, very cold especially for little kids.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Edinboro, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Greeted immediately upon arrival, extremely quick check in process. Front desk staff were very helpful, even agreed to change my room due to personal preference for location. Large room, everything was clean and new, very nice. The only minor gripe is the fitness center didn't offer much more than a treadmill and bike, but other than that this hotel was far above average.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Tony C

Reviewed March 21, 2013

We spent our college spring break in Washington, D.C. and stayed at this hotel. The room was very nice, new, and clean. The people at the front desk were super nice and helpful! It was a great value (when sharing with multiple people) and only 10 minutes from the Huntington metro stop! Good complimentary breakfast and wifi and free parking. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank RUkid

Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Upon arriving at the Hampton Inn, my boyfriend and I were greeted promptly and courteously. The process itself was easy and stress-free, which was good since we arrived there fairly late in the evening. The suite we booked was very spacious and everything was extremely clean and orderly. Also, the breakfast was delicious! Waffles, fruit, bagels, pastries, hard-boiled eggs, cereal, and more! One of the ladies at the front desk (I don't know her name) even grabbed our dirty dishes from the table as we finished. Overall, I was very pleased with our accomodations and would most certainly recommend it to anyone staying in the area.

Room Tip: The suites are great! Very spacious.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nicole K

Cleveland, OH
Reviewed March 7, 2013

As some of my previous reviews have said, I judge the experience at a particular property against my previous stays within the brand. I have stayed at many Hamptons across the country and have found them consistently substantially above average. I have heightened expectations for Hamptons and, therefore, tend to stay there if the location is right.

This was an excellent Hampton stay. I cashed in a Hilton Honors rewards night and was pleased that the person who checked me in acknowledged my HH membership and thanked me for choosing Hampton Inn. I have not always enjoyed a warm reception when claiming a free night, and in fact received a cold reception and confusion when doing so at another chain.

The room was clean, comfortable, and well appointed, as usual for HI. The breakfast had diverse choices and was well stocked and serviced. I very much appreciate that HI always has plentiful and edible protein choices. Parking was convenient with sufficient carts for getting luggage to and from the room. Check out was fast and pleasant. Housekeeping provided extra towels promptly upon my request right on the floor where we were staying.

The hotel was quiet, and I got the impression that it was a slow night at this HI. The breakfast room was empty when we went down at 8:30 a.m. The property is near Fort Belvoir and Mount Vernon, so most of the time I surmise that occupancy is high. When I encounter a hotel that is not busy during my stay, I always qualify my review with the caveat that a crowd might result in a different experience.

This property delivered a great stay for us. For Hamptons, this is a five from me. I rate it a four on Trip Advisor to reserve some room for an incredible experience such as that I had at a Ritz Carlton several years ago.

Lebanon
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Clean, safe and secure with friendly staff that made our family's experience a memorable one. Staff greeted all of us with a cheerful "good morning" or "hello, may I help you?"
This was perhaps the most quiet and relaxing hotel experience in the VA/Metro DC area. No traffic noise and no rowdy guests. Many of the other guests were military personnel who were highly professional and courteous to civilian guests.