Seeking a safe haven from Hurricane Sandy, we stayed at the Hampton Inn Mt. Vernon in Alexandria, VA. As soon as we walked into their lobby, we were warmly greeted by several staff members. Checking in was easy and friendly. We were invited to participate in their pumpkin carving. A hot meal (lasagna, potato salad, sandwiches, Halloween cookies, etc) was provided, as well as, large pumpkins and carving tools. Everyone was having fun. You couldn't tell there was a dangerous storm outside! Our room was large and very clean. We got a good night's sleep and no worries about the storm. In the morning, a warm breakfast with happy hotel guests, reinforced our idea that we made the right selection in seeking refuge during this dangerous storm. Kudos to the hotel staff who made every effort (successfully!) to make us feel safe and happy!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hampton Inn & Suites(R) Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South Area hotel is just minutes from George Washington's Mount Vernon Estate, the main gate of Fort Belvoir Military base, historic Old Town Alexandria, and downtown Washington, D.C.. Enjoy spacious rooms and suites with complimentary internet, flat screen TV, mini-fridge, microwave, coffee maker and more. Additional hotel amenities include complimentary parking, complimentary hot breakfast, state of the art fitness center, refreshing supervised indoor pool (limited pool hours), 24-hour business center, meeting space, and a complimentary shuttle service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South Hotel Alexandria
- Hampton Inn And Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South