Stayed there for Saturday night and Sunday, first weekend of August 2012. After a two plus hour to the hotel, with a small child in the car, most people can check into the hotel no matter what the time it may be. Sure, hotels lock their door at night, but usually a quick ring of the doorbell or a phone call to the front desk would solve the problem. After standing outside of the hotel for over an hour at around 2 a.m. Saturday morning, some guests were coming out so I went in to get my family checked in the hotel. While standing outside, my husband and I rang the doorbell. Repeatedly. Then we started to call the front desk from our cell phone because we figured maybe the doorbell wasn't working. Wrong. We called the hotel front desk from our cell phone. Then after I was able to have a guest let me in ( I was in uniform) I picked up the courtesy phone that is right next to the front desk which rings directly to the front desk. Still no answer. After the long wait, over one hour, we are now at around 3 a.m. The front desk person comes downstairs in the elevator and I ask her is she the only one here. She stated that she was. Afert explaining to her that we have been waiting to check in for over an hour, she tells me that she had to do her wine and beer tally sales. Hey that's her job no problem, but isn't part of that job to check people in, A bit of an attitude because I had voiced my displeasure at waiting outside for that long. We checked into our room, room 337 if I remember correctly. A king size bed was booked for this excursion. As soon as you enter the room, the mini kitchen area was there. And it covered in ants. Big ants, small ants. You name hte ant size and they were there. All around the mini fridge, light switch, floor, counter and some had gotten in the fridge. Considering that we needed the fridge to put our baby's bottles in the fridge and we wanted to sleep in the room without being carried away by ants, this was not an option to stay in this room. Called the front desk to the let them know of the ants. At first, I got a nice greeting over the phone. But after I explained that I was calling from the room that just checked in, there was no longer a happy sounding voice over phone. I let her know that the front area of the room was covered in ants. She did come upstairs quite promptly and saw that I was not exaggerating. We were then switched to room 402. Time now after 4 a.m. Same king size type room. Room was cleaner, sans ant colony. Spouse had to be at an obligatory meeting by 7 a.m. Needless to say, no sleep was had. The hotel is near a military installation so for families heading to drill, the location is good. Safeway supermarket is also nearby. Fast food places are plentiful. We did call the coroporate office to complain about our stay. Due to the long wait outside at 2 a.m, the unpleasant check in, the non apologetic front staff person, the ant party of the room, will not be staying in. Again. Oh and also, there were some people running around in the hall, but we were too tired to call the front desk to complain. Bathrooms are small, no ventilation within the small place. So you can either use the bathroom with the door close and stay trapped with shower steam or the aroma of bodily functions. Or you can leave the door open and fog up the only mirrored area in the room. Bed was big but the attempt to wash out some of the old blood stains on the flat sheet didn't help matters at all. Poor customer service or her attitude and only having one staff person in the hotel. Not all travelers can get to their destination within the usual check in hours.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hampton Inn & Suites(R) Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South Area hotel is just minutes from George Washington's Mount Vernon Estate, the main gate of Fort Belvoir Military base, historic Old Town Alexandria, and downtown Washington, D.C.. Enjoy spacious rooms and suites with complimentary internet, flat screen TV, mini-fridge, microwave, coffee maker and more. Additional hotel amenities include complimentary parking, complimentary hot breakfast, state of the art fitness center, refreshing supervised indoor pool (limited pool hours), 24-hour business center, meeting space, and a complimentary shuttle service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South
- Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South Hotel Alexandria