“Find a hotel off the main road if you don't want to hear traffic all night”

Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South
Ranked #4 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Mediocre quality for the outrageous price. Light bulbs don't work, shower curtain falling off, road noise all night. Not what I expected and will not recommend again

• Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank Flyhatch
HISMTVERNON, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2011

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites. We are sorry that your most recent stay with us was not satisfactory. We have met with our maintenance and housekeeping staff to address your concerns and have made the appropriate corrections. We hold ourselves to very high standards and appreciate being notified when we fall short. We thank you for your business and hope to see you again on your next trip the Washington DC area.

Tracey Thompson

Reviewed November 11, 2011

Brand new hotel very close to Mount Vernon. Easy access off Richmond Highway, but they need a sign on property to direct you to check-in (bear left off the highway).

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank atcretired
Jeremy C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir-Alexandria South, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2016

Dear Traveler,
Thank you for reviewing the Hampton Inn and Suites Mt. Vernon/Belvoir. I’m sorry nobody has responded to your review until now. The new team in place takes great pride in providing great service.
If you are ever in Alexandria, VA. Please let me know. I would like to make your next visit outstanding. 703-619-7026.

Reviewed October 14, 2011

The rooms were extremely clean. We stayed in a suite that was spacious and had a nice layout for a family. What I love about Hampton Inn is that they launder the duvet covers after every guest and our sheets were crisp and smelled freshly laundered. (I have stayed at hotels with higher ratings only to turn back the duvet to find stains, so I am a little scarred...lol). Parking is plentiful and the lot is well lit at night. The staff is AMAZING. They were so eager to help whenever needed. The hotel does offer a FREE shuttle to Mt. Vernon, Ft. Belvoir, and the metro stations. I used the service a few times and have zero complaints. The driver was always punctual and gave great suggestions about visiting the area attractions. I will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank LisaF15

Reviewed October 11, 2011

Brand New Hotel, with plenty of space to park. The rooms are nice, with a refrigerator and microwave. Flat screen LCD TV, comfortable bed, and a very large restroom. The breakfast was alright with plenty of options to chose from. The house keeping lady showed up at my door at 8 am.

The only reason I'm giving this a 4 is because we stayed here because we were touring DC, and this is not the ideal location if you are touring the DC area, it is a very long ride down route 1 south with plenty of traffic lights in between!

If you are coming here to tour DC stay somewhere closer!

It is very close to Mount Vernon Though.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Brian S

Reviewed September 12, 2011

We live about 4 hours from Mt. Vernon, so we could travel in the morning and still visit Mt Vernon in the afternoon. This Hampton was quite close to Mt. Vernon. We were also close enough to Old Alexandria to be able to spend the evening there. Between this Hampton and old Alexandria were numerous places to eat and shop. We were also close enough to be able to park at the subway station and take the subway into Washingotn DC the next day. The young lady in charge of the breakfast area was quite nice and very accomodating. She even went in the back to get me a different banana when she noticed those she was putting out were spotted. The breakfast was quite adequate and good. We appreciated having the mini frig in the room as we were able to have cold drinks and snacks during our trip as well as on our return trip home. The hotel is only several years old so things were in good shape. I did not like the ill- fitting toilet seat; it was too small for the circumference of the toilet bowl and slid from side to side! We also had an issue with the housekeeping staff near check out time. As we packed our car, we kept the Do Not Distrurb sign on the door. Our son remained behind in the room as he finished getting ready to leave. Even before the appointed check out time of 11:00, a housekeeper barged into the room without even so much as a knock. She totally startled my son who was luckily dressed by then. It was only 10:45, we had asked for an extended check out time which was until noon, and we had the Do Not Distrub sign on the door so this was a bit upsetting to us. We did quietly report this incident to the front desk. Otherwise, we had a pleasant stay at this Hampton location. I would recommend it as long as you have a vehicle with which to get around the area.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank PensandSteelersFan

Reviewed September 12, 2011

i stayed at the Hampton Inn Fort Belvoir area in August for 2 nights. The staff at check in were sufficient and friendly. Exceptional easy check in was provided. The rooms were large with simple decor as well as the bathroom. The room consisted of a microwave and fridge which was convenient. The hotel has a laundry room, indoor pool and fitness center. The business center located in the lobby as well as a lounge. Free parking also. The hotel is truly home away from home and would recommend. I will definatly return.

Room Tip: any room is a great room. there's not much of a view except of Richmond highway
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed September 11, 2011

Very nice hotel and friendly staff. great location very convinient. Would return.

Room Tip: found out that there's fitness room, laundry, and inside pool on 2nd floor so i guess its the be...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family