“Great Staff and Service”

SpringHill Suites Alexandria
Ranked #17 of 53 Hotels in Alexandria
Indianapolis
“Great Staff and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2010

I have practically been living at this property for the past 6 months and have never witnessed or experienced rude staff. I have witnessed rude and arrogant customers who would test the limits of any person. The staff has always been very professional. The rooms are spotlessly clean, the breakfast area clean and well maintained and the evening staff who I mainly deal with is polite and offer good advice on local eateries and directions. Anyone having an encounter with the staff I have dealt with might do well to check their own behavior.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank freedomrider69
rlutc300, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Alexandria, responded to this review, March 28, 2015
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are so pleased to have the opportunity to serve you for such an extended period of time. It is an absolute delight knowing that you've enjoyed your experience. Our entire staff is committed to creating memorable experiences for our guest regardless of length of stay. Thank you for your kind words regarding our reliable staff members, modern decor, and complimentary amenities. We look forward to any future opportunities to make you feel at home.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Fuquay Varina, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2010

I was traveling to DC with 4 of my children without my husband. I was looking for a hotel with free breakfast that could accommodate 5 in one room, that didn't break the bank. This hotel definitely delivered. My GPS said it was 20 minutes to Union Station, although it usually took longer due to traffic. but I don't think we could have asked for a better location. I decided to drive into Washington DC each day because we were visiting family and friends each evening after site seeing. The hotel was very clean, offered free parking, and the free breakfast. My kids, aged 11-14 were thrilled with the breakfast because they got eggs, bacon or sausage, make your own waffle station, yogurt, fruit, english muffins, bagels, and cereal each morning. We had no problems with check in or check out. The only reason I didn't give it a 5, is because there wasn't a dresser in the room to store clothes, so we had to live out of our suitcases. Also, even though the room serves 5 each day they only left 3 sets of bath linens. I had to keep going to the front desk to get extras each night, but since our room was right next to the lobby it wasn't too far. My kids keep asking to go back because the beds were so comfortable. I let them have the beds and slept on the couch without pulling it out-it was very comfortable. Also, great water pressure in the shower. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
rlutc300, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Alexandria, responded to this review, April 4, 2015
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are delighted to hear that you and your children enjoyed your stay. Springhill is the perfect location not only for families, it's convenient for sightseeing as well. We appreciate all of your compliments regarding our amenities as well as convenient location. Please accept our apologies for any inconveniences you may have experienced throughout your stay as we are currently in the process of making improvements. Please visit with us again soon. We look forward to seeing you and your children once more.
East Amherst, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2010

We just left this location today. The rooms are very large and the arrangement is good with a sitting area and desk somewhat divided from the beds. The pool, hot tub and breakfast were great. I must say that the building is not very quiet. I was getting coffee and could hear my kids running down the hall above. I could hear the people above us, and the microwave in the room next door. It would not deter me from staying again as any hotel can be noisy, but the construction is not as sound deadening as most hotels.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It is a pleasure learning that you and your family enjoyed your stay. We appreciate all of your kind words regarding our modern decor suites and complimentary amenities. Please excuse us as we are in the process of making improvements. Please visit with us again soon. We look forward to having you and your family as our returning guests.
Lexington, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2010

We stopped @ this hotel as a quick side trip on the way home to Tn after a 2week stay in Maine. I arrived to check in @ around 8pm. The night staff on duty left a bit to be desired. When i asked for info for the next day about getting to Washington, the young man handed me one brochure and said "if the maps not in this then we dont have it", then he turn around and left. The next morning though i went to the different young man on duty and he was EXTREMELY helpful! He gave us several maps and metro guides & made sure we knew exactly where we needed to go, he called the shuttle to pick us up the moment we requested it. Breakfast was great, breakfast area was kept exceptionally tidy and well stocked. The shuttle driver was very pleasant and infomational. Therefore my only minor complaint is the inexperienced night duty guy. Otherwise a great modern, clean hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are always pleased to learn that our guests have enjoyed their visit with us regardless of how common it may be. The staff here at Springhill is always thrilled to accommodate our guests in any way we can. Creating memorable experiences for our guests will always be a priority. We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced throughout your stay as we are currently in the process of making improvements. Thank you for the wonderful compliments regarding our staff, modern decor, and complimentary amenities. Please visit with us again soon. We look forward to having you.
Savannah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2010

We had a great experience at the Alexandria Springhill Suites. The rooms were large and comfortable for a family of five with 3 teenagers. All aspects of the room were great - - clean, quiet, nice accommodations, and extremely comfortable beds. The staff were very friendly and accommodating with our requests. The hotel is in a great location to both Alexandria and Washington DC. I would definitely recommend this hotel to families who are visiting the DC area.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are pleased to learn that you and your family enjoyed your stay. All of your kind words regarding our staff, modern decor, and convenient location are greatly appreciated. Please visit with us again soon. We look forward to having you and your family as our retruning guests.
Arlington,TX
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2010

I have stayed at hundreds of Marriott properties over the last 30 years and never dealt with a more unprofessional staff. Starting with a new staffer that really didn't know how to check in a guest, assigned the wrong type room and a manager on duty that made it clear she didn't want to be there. Finally in a room 40 minutes later and the staff's guests are running all over the floor yelling, knocking on doors and the response was' there is nothing I can do'.
The next evening when we returned to the hotel around 6:30 I tried to get a cup of coffee at the beverage station but it was out. When I mentioned it to the same manager on duty from the previous evening her response was to flip me some inroom coffee packs and tell me to 'go upstairs and make you some'.
Check out was another challenge. I presented Marriott Cheques to cover my stay. It took almost an hour but at least the young man working the desk was very courteous and pleasant.
Over a month later and the stay still hasn't been posted to my account.
The young lady working the breakfast area was the silver lining of the stay. Even when the sister property next door forgot to do a food order and sent their guests over she maintained the food stations and her attitude and smile
If you don't like to sleep well. Like bus loads of kids running wild. Being treated like you are a burden to management. This is the place to stay.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
7 Thank Texasrangers
rlutc300, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Alexandria, responded to this review, September 17, 2010
I would like to sincerely apologize for all the unpleasant experiences you encountered during your stay with us. As a Marriott Rewards member, we value you and your input. I would like to assure you that since that time, the staff has undergone extensive training and are more prepared to handle these kinds of situations that arise. Again, thank you for your feedback. These responses are what make us want to do better. If you are ever in the area again, please contact me so I can personally handle your reservation needs.

Best Regards,