“Great Place to Stay !”

SpringHill Suites Alexandria
Ranked #18 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed April 12, 2011

We were in town for the Cherry Blossom Parade and I needed a hotel that was convient to Washington D.C. I was so glad we stayed here. Hotel was spotless and has a 70's theme. Rooms are big and roomy, they come with a mini refridgerator and microwave. Bathroom is basic and does the job. They have a wonderful continental breakfast which had everything from cereal, fruit, eggs and waffels. The Hotel has a shuttle to the metro parking area. It only took 20 minutes to get into the heart of D.C. from huntington station. I would definetly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
rlutc300, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2011

Hi Regina2878 ..... Thanks for the kinds words, and compliments.
It's usally difficult to get a hotel room in DC around Cherry Blossom season, I'm glad to hear to choose, and stayed with us.
Our cool 70's look, and large rooms always make a great impression on our guests....we hope you see you back soon,

There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Alexandria

Reviewed April 11, 2011

We travel to Alexandria every year to visit family, and usually stay at a Residence Inn in the area. We decided we didn't want to burn up all of our Marriott points on that stay this year, so we opted for SpringHill Suites.
It was a very comfortable stay for our family of 5! Plenty of room for everyone to stretch out and relax after a busy day. The pool was nice (was pleasantly surprised that it had a lifegueard!). Breakfast was good, though more fruit choices would have been preferable. Parking was free, which is a HUGE plus in that area! It isn't within a reasonable walking distance to restaurants, etc, but there are plenty a very short drive away.
If I had to give one complaint it is that there wasn't much clothes storage in the room. Just 3 small drawers. Not really sufficient for 5 poeple. Otherwise, the hotel suited our needs just fine, and we will probably stay there again next year!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank kdets89

Dear Kdets89 , Thank you for sharing your experience you had staying with us. It's nice to know that a family of five find our rooms spacious, enough for everyone.
Yes we have a lifeguard on duty seven days a week, and free parking in the DC area, I know is usally unheard of, so yes guest love to know that our parking is free.

Reviewed April 5, 2011

We downgraded from a Residence inn because this had a pool and we are so happy we did! This hotel is new and has a little of everything you need. The rooms are new and very nicely decorated with modern furniture and a open concept. The rooms are comfortable and spacious. They had a sink, refrigerator, microwave and a large screen tv. My favorite part was the large seperate sitting area. This was much larger than the residence inn sitting area. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful, the pool was heated and clean. The breakfast was enough to start the day. The breakfast was hot and changed daily. Not as expansive as a residence inn, but enough to get your day started. We will definately stay here again! My husband works during the week in the city, and will be staying here from now on. Great for people who need a place to stay and don't want to stay in the city. Free parking was a plus!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Floridatraveler1121

Hello FloridaTraveler1121.....you mentioned something more guest are not aware of......
our breakfast meats, and eggs changes daily.
We're so happy to hear that you found our spacious rooms, with seperate sitting area one of your favorite things, and an in door pool, with free parking is always a hit with everyone.

Reviewed March 25, 2011

My mom and I decided to visit DC while I was on spring break from grad school. We took a late flight in so we didn't arrive at the hotel until about 10pm. The guy at the front desk greeted us so pleasantly and helped us check in quickly. A nice feature of this hotel is that they have a little "shop" for food, snacks, and drinks right by the check in desk. Since we didn't have time to eat dinner we grabbed a few things, they really had a good selection and they didn't charge an arm and a leg for them. We were VERY impressed with our room. It was very clean, the bed was very comfy, and it had so much room. The free Wi-Fi was so helpful since we were unfamiliar with the area. The TV was at least 32" and could swivel so you could watch it from the couch or in bed. The room was obviously cleaned well and when we came back after a long day of sight seeing the room was once again spotless. On a side note the towels at this hotel were a lot nicer than most hotel towels, which I really appreciated. The one thing that we wish we had leaned sooner was that the AC in the room didn't have a "fan" mode but if you turned it to "on" it would just alternate between fan mode and cooling. This is important because my mom and I are both light sleepers so in the morning without that little noise you can hear the people there on business closing their doors etc. We actually stayed here twice on our trip. We stayed here for 2 nights and then went to NYC for the weekend and then returned to this hotel for 2 more nights. The staff was very friendly and remembered us. They even offered to store some of our luggage which we would have taken them up on it if we had planned ahead enough. They have free shuttle service to the metro at Huntington station until 9pm which is nice. The metro was easy to figure out and they will help you at the front desk to make sure you know where you are going. The cabs in DC can get expensive and this hotel is a little farther out from the DC area so if you plan to be in DC later than 9 you will have to plan for a cab trip. Since it is a new hotel a lot of the cab drivers weren't familiar with the hotel but most knew the area so they could still get you there. Overall we really enjoyed this hotel, the excellent staff, and the great rooms! We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends

Dear SRHowdy..... the gift shop or Market near the front desk, is certainly a "wow" factor with everyone. Guests are so please with the selection of items we offer.
We're please to hear you, and your Mom loved the shuttle service, pool, free WiFi, and 37 inch Flat screen TV......but the two things we try to offer everyday are.... a friendly staff, and a spotless hotel.
I'm glad to hear these two things impressed you.

Reviewed March 23, 2011

I have never stayed in a Springhill Suites hotel before so I was a little unsure about what to expect. I was very pleasantly suprised by this property and it's super staff. I arrived after a long haul flight and was greeted by Audrey at check-in. Her positive attitude and general helpfulness was heart warming and appreciated by a tired traveller. She made check-in a breeze and informed me about all the hotel facilities. My room, to my great amazement was huge. It was modern in furnishing and style and absolutely spotlessly clean. The complimentary high speed internet was exactly that, high speed. Local telephone calls are free as is the hotel shuttle bus that runs on request to the local Metro called Huntington station (about 5 min drive). A great service that is offered with no hassle. My bed was extremely comfy and with a 32 inch flat screen tv I could not fault any aspect of the room. Even though the hotel was busy with young school/groups I heard no noise at night. For visiting DC the shuttle bus makes it so simple and easy. However if you had a car, getting in and out of Alexandria, getting to restaurants, shopping etc. would be far cheaper than having to rely on taxis. There is ample free parking provided by the hotel. I didn't get a chance to use the pool or exercise room but they looked fine. Breakfast in the morning was a casual affair in the lobby area that did the trick with no frills but was also a good way to meet fellow visitors. All in all I really enjoyed my stay. The staff were young, fun and motivated to help. Perfect for leisure.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo

Hello Naillic, no matter what time a guest arrives at our hotel, even late at night, you will find a friendly staff member.
We're pleased to hear that you found our rooms to be "huge" and the hotel shuttle a breeze.

Reviewed January 19, 2011

Excellent Hotel. This is a newer Spring Hill Suit that has the Open 70s, Hip, layout. Very friendly staff and a great experience for the two nights I was there. The gym is brand new and they spent the extra $ for the upgraded gym equiptment. Really nice hotel and I will stay again.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business

Dear Celling , thanks for staying with us. We're glad to know that you loved our 70's Hip theme, and friendly staff.

Reviewed December 28, 2010

New property. On the busy Richmond Highway south of the Capitol Beltway (I-95, I-495) , but a traffic light at the north entrance is a big help. Right next door to a new Holiday Inn Express.

Being new, hotel was exceptionally clean. Room was clean with good layout. One of the reading lamps on the bed was burned out, but, after reporting it to front desk in morning, was fixed upon my return in the evening.

Good location for business in Virginia Capitol Beltway area. No nearby Metro station. Car is necessary. No nearby walking restaurants, several restaurants and shopping to the south by car.

Really liked the clock radio with an IPod dock. Nice touch.
WiFi was fast and easy to hit. No dropoffs.

Complimentary Breakfast was good and plenty to eat. Area was clean and staff was very pleasant. Nothing special, like most breakfasts that are provided in this market.

Will probably stay here again given location and the first experience.

Very expensive and overpriced for this type of property.
But, reflects Washington D.C. prices.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business

Hello GMan3909, it's great to hear that that our close proximity to DC, free shuttle to the METRO, I-home dock station, and Wifi ( with no dropoffs ) to your liking.
Thank you for the compliment on our clean rooms.