“Delicious Brunch...very cool atmosphere!”
Review of Columbia Firehouse

Columbia Firehouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Columbia Firehouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 757 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Old Town
Cross street: King St.
NJ
“Delicious Brunch...very cool atmosphere!”
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

On a long weekend in Alexandria we went for brunch. We did make a reservation (thru Open Table) and I would recommend doing so. Everything looked delicious and it was hard to decide between savory egg dishes and the waffles! In the end we went with eggs Benedict and Corned Beef Hash. But was started with Onion Rings (I highly recommend trying them - so yummy). The eggs for the Benedict were cooked perfectly, so the yoke was runny. The ham is not traditional Canadian Bacon, more like a Virginia ham (but not as salty as I thought it might be). It's served with fried red potatoes. The hash was made with homemade corned beef and it was excellent! We overheard someone saying that they had really come for dessert, and we were tempted but decided not to. The food and drinks were all excellent and it is a spot we would go back to! The atmosphere is very cool, an old firehouse with lots of nooks and crannies! We sat in the atrium which was bright and full of light in Sunday Morning!

Wilmington, DE
“Nice atmosphere & Pleasant Food”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

This is a good dining choice and not too expensive for Alexandria. It is in a historic building with a large an interesting bar. We sat at the bar waiting for our table and enjoyed the service of a wonderful bartender. Very nice selection of local beers on draft and bottles. Food is decent-not fine dining, but no surprises. Burgers are good.

Visited February 2013
Washington DC
“Highly recommended!”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We went here about a year ago as part of our "food tour" and I really wanted to try their menu so we kept telling ourselves we'd come back and we finally did and to think as I was browsing thru the net, I found that its restaurant week so we made a reservation, very accommodating staff, love the old feel of fine dining, the tuna tartar was the best, we ordered 3 appetizers, my meal of scallops and couscous was superb just like I remembered it last time we were here, thinking about it now makes my mouth water :) the bison was good too, the dessert was ok, the drinks were all excellent, our server was very attentive, just love this restaurant, so if you want to impress your friends, take them to this restaurant.

1 Thank AsianBelle98
“Our Go-to Weekend Brunch-at-the-bar place”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Love the ersatz-old feel to this place. Just the right amount of light. Comfy padded barstoools. Excellent bartenders, and adventurous menu, esp the bar menu. The Tuna Tacos == diveinly inspired. The rock-shrimp Fritters, like morsels of deep-fried Jamabalya. Traditional Brunch items are consistently good. Draft Beer and high-end liquor selection are superb. Highly recommended

1 Thank John G
Charlotte, North Carolina
“1st was great, 2nd just so-so”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We were there a few weeks ago for the first time. My wife had scallops and i had a ribeye streak.
The cheese plate ahead was great, the handcrafted cocktails were superb and our entrees were perect. Nothing could have been better.
Went this week with a friend and had dinner at the bar. Staff was great but I was very disappointed with the trout. It was a very small portion and extremely dry. The presentation was humble, with the fish sort of lost on the plate. It was average at best but I still have found memories of our first trip, so I will rate a four out of 5. We'll go back as I think the trout was a fluke... at least I want to think so. Hope yours is better!

1 Thank harleysparents