“Awesome sushi!”

May Island
Ranked #313 of 769 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Sushi, Chinese
Reviewed August 3, 2012

We live in Fairlington within walking distance of May Island. We were always weary to try it, because it looks a little... interesting... since it's right next to a 7-11. A friend recommended May Island for their sushi, and we are so glad we listened! Their sushi is great - freshly made and lots of options. They also have great chinese food as well. It's a really small restaurant, so don't be surprised if there aren't tables available at peak times. The services is really good as is the food - highly recommend!

1  Thank Colleen C

Reviewed January 14, 2011

Don't let the location fool you. Sharing the same building as 7-11 you don't expect to find a nicely decorated sushi and chinese dine-in or take-out restaurant. We tried this place and have been back many times. There is a secret chef cooking there. The food is delicious and artistically presented. They are nice to families. The restaurant is small and decorated very serenely and modern. All the regular items you like for chinese and also items on the menu for the more discriminating taste. Inexpensive. I like the restarant because it is small and you feel like you are in a dining room not a big restaurant. They also have a fish tank which is very nice too. Go in, try it. Take-out is also great!

Reviewed December 11, 2009

Let's see - surly staff, who seemed displeased with my choice of entree. They have a HUGE menu but seem to be in the mindset of -- we'll make anything that's how we'll make money.

I hope that they decide to focus on one or two things they do well -- I haven't found what that is but still, it could help.

I had to flag down (practically trip) someone to get more water -- and there were only 2 others dining in the restaurant when I was there.

Overall, an experience only notable in how bad it could be!

1  Thank Peggie A