“Neighborhood Gem”
Review of A la Lucia

A la Lucia
Reserve with OpenTable
A la Lucia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 765 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: North Royal St. (800 Block)
Transit: The closest MetroRail Stop is Braddock Road (Yellow and Blue Lines) Distance 12 Blocks, however walking is not recommended. Alexandria Dash Bus #AT2 and/or #AT5 Bus will stop accross the street from the restaurant.
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Finding this gem is worth the "off the beaten path" trek. Located on Madison St a seven block walk from King Street this is a little gem of a restaurant. Rated 5's for everything does not cover how fabulous your dining experience will be...homemade pasta, sauces to dream of and tender meats are served up by a well trained staff - whether in the restaurant or bar....we recently moved from Old Town and have yet to find a comparable restaurant -- from the wine list, pizza, pasta and salads to the desserts -- you cannot miss when you dine here.

1  Thank Ronnie T
There are newer reviews for A la Lucia

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We have long been fans of this gem of a restaurant, north of historic Old Town Alexandria, but well worth going off the beaten path! They are so very good, they've had to expand their space twice to accommodate the many requests for reservations! Although it is more on the upscale side, the staff is down to earth & very friendly, creating an atmosphere that is very homey!
Easy to find street parking - a big advantage over the more crowded historic district! I love the veal parmigiana - very generous sized plate. Every night, they have an extensive 3 course menu for $35 - & on Monday nights, bottles of wine is always 25% off!

1  Thank mariava51
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I usually go once a week to A la Lucia. There is an excellent selection of wines. A friendly comfortable atmosphere! The food is fresh and tasty. I love the specials, especially any fresh pasta

1  Thank Princessmic
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I'm writing this review not so much because of the food (which was pretty good - not memorable, but good), but because of our waitress. I wish I could remember her name (she was blonde)! I wanted hot chocolate, but she said they didn't offer it. I said that was fine and ordered coffee instead. When she returned, she handed me a piping hot, frothy hot chocolate. She responded to my confused look with, "I love hot chocolate too and drink it on breaks, so I brought you some from my personal stash."

It was so sweet and unnecessarily considerate! I just thought everyone should know. :)

1  Thank Pamela J
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Fabulous last minute find! Everything from the staff's handling of our changing reservation, the warm neighborhood "they know your name" kind of place to the fabulous, great value, three course New Year's menu, was coordinated perfection. We loved our rockfish and shaved fennel, salmon over spinach and tomatoes, mussels and to-die-for coffee panna cotta for dessert. We'll certainly be back!