“Good food, attentive service”
Review of A la Lucia

A la Lucia
Reserve with OpenTable
A la Lucia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 816 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: North Royal St. (800 Block)
Transit: The closest MetroRail Stop is Braddock Road (Yellow and Blue Lines) Distance 12 Blocks, however walking is not recommended. Alexandria Dash Bus #AT2 and/or #AT5 Bus will stop accross the street from the restaurant.
Reviewed July 20, 2012

A friend and I dined here today for lunch and agreed that the food was delicious. We had spaghetti, meatballs and manicotti. The red sauce was flavorful and mild and both entrees were served hot.
The only negative was that my seat had a clear view into the men's room every time someone opened the door, very distracting and hard to ignore.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

I found this restaurant while doing a search in Alexandria and it was rated as the local's favorite so I'd thought I give it a try. The waiter was very friendly and provided prompt service during dinner. My friend and I enjoyed their food so much. It definitely worth another 4.5 hr drive to dine there again. True Italian food in the area!!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I had dinner at A la Lucia twice in last week. Both nights were very busy but service was prompt, attentive and even customized a drink choice that was not on their menu. One night I had soft shell crab that was just excellent but can be a disaster if not prepared properly. The other night I had rockfish that was to die for. Other guests had the salmon and the veal and raved about their dishes.

Fried calamari had a delicate batter that didn't overpower the dish.

Their Cannaloni is exceptional!

Prices reasonable for the menu and quality.

1  Thank Peggy R
Reviewed June 3, 2012

The restaurant was packed, but they managed to squeeze in our party of five without a reservation. Service was excellent; our server was very accommodating. The fusilli with eggplant was outstanding. The manicotti was good, but not fantastic.

I would definitely go back again.

1  Thank G1r2e3g4
Reviewed May 30, 2012

A great Italian restaurant a few blocks from the busy downtown of Old Town Alexandria. Very nice selection and price point.

Been to A la Lucia? Share your experiences!