“Excellent breakfast. ”

The Executive Diner
Ranked #202 of 901 Restaurants in Alexandria
Description: An upscale diner serving all day breakfast, lunch and dinner seven days. With 98 seats and a private room accommodating 20 guests, The Executive Diner is designed with Deco-style tiled walls, private booths, a wall of windows with adjacent seating, a comfortable foyer and waiting area and includes the separate Executive Café, a grab-and-go space, with house-made sandwiches, pastries, coffee and custom yogurt parfaits.
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We went here after a disappointing breakfast experience at a nearby restaurant. This was so much better. Excellent coffee, well presented and good tasting food and excellent service. We had our breakfast there for the rest of our stay.

Date of visit: June 2019

Reviewed June 4, 2019 via mobile

Truly love this place. Super convenient location. Delicious food and the service is good. Nice place to dine. Oooo yeah breakfast all day also!!!

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed May 28, 2019

I met a friend here for breakfast on a Sunday morning.

Walking in, was met by two friendly ladies at the hostess station, and promptly seated at a nice sized booth.

Within a couple of minutes, a friendly waiter came over to take our drink order and quickly brought us our coffees, juice, etc. There is also a person walking around to ensure your water glasses are always full.

The place is decorated kind of interesting. It's modern, but also with an old school diner feel. The building it's in doesn't look like it houses a diner.

Anyway, back to the food. I order a simple breakfast, two eggs over easy, bacon, and hash browns. My friend got a waffle, and a side of hash browns.

Everything tasted good, and we got excellent service, the price wasn't bad, and we were on our way.

Unfortunately, shortly thereafter, both my friend and I developed some what of an upset stomach.....the only food we had in common was the hash browns. Hard to say that it was the food and I don't want to badmouth a place for causing an upset stomach, but that's unfortunately what happened to the two of us after eating there.

I can't say I WON'T ever go back, because I probably will....but I'll probably steer clear of the hash browned potatoes the next time.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed May 25, 2019

I've visited twice in this very cozy restaurant and I always get a seat in Ingram's section because of his attentive service and great personality. The staff are friendly and helpful so it makes for a great time. There's also an attached bakery section if you go to the very back of this restaurant that serve a variety of deserts like cookies and cakes.

The food is delicious and reasonably priced. The restaurant is close enough to Old Towne but not bunched in with the rest of the other retail stores and restaurants around the area. Fine dining along with good family atmosphere and for business luncheons as well.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed March 24, 2019

We have driven by this place a thousand times, always vowing to check it out. We finally did and are now sorry we didn’t do it sooner, Service was prompt but not intrusive, friendly, and helpful. The menu is extensive so you’re bound to find many items that appeal to you. Our cheeseburger on a brioche bun was perfectly cooked, and with a side of sweet potato fries, was delicious. We also ordered chicken and waffles that was amazing! The chicken was crispy and tender but not greasy and the waffle was the way a waffle should be - crisp but not over cooked on the outside and tender as can be on the inside. Wonderful sausage gravy and real maple syrup to top it off. The portions are large. We will definitely be back! The diner parking lot is around the corner and there’s a small one for the cafe on the Duke Street side. The cafe is small, mostly for grab and run type things. We were told that some of the cafe offerings would be changing soon. And that might be a good idea.

Date of visit: March 2019