“Delicious, authentic Lebanese cuisine, cozy atmosphere”
Review of Layla's Lebanese Restaurant - CLOSED

Layla's Lebanese Restaurant
Cuisines: Lebanese
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Old Town
Cross street: Alfred and Patrick
Description: Specializing in Lebanese cuisine, using the finest and freshest ingredients. Layla's Lebanese Restaurant was first established in December 2006, in the heart of Old Town Alexandria. After 8 wonderful years in business, Layla's relocated to Lake Ridge, VA, where Lebanese cuisine was nearly nonexistent. The same talented chef along with the same warm staff will continue providing the delicious Lebanese cuisine and friendly service guests have grown accustomed to.
Reviewed July 6, 2013

My husband's family is Lebanese, and when we head out to eat, Layla's is on our short list of restaurant choices. My mother-in-law cooks Lebanese meals often as do many of our cousins, and my husband and I have visited Lebanon twice, so I think I'm a fair judge of good Lebanese cuisine. We really love Laylas. The food is always extremely fresh and delicious. My 10 year old loves the lamb kabob, my husband and 13 year old go for the kibbeh and I think the batenjan is excellent. Many times we'll just order a bunch of appetizers and eat family style (as the Lebanese do so well!). The decor is cozy with a large wood bar in the front room and tables in the back. Don't come here looking for a trendy tourist spot - this is a place to come for a great meal in a relaxed, welcoming environment.

We were actually there the night the air conditioning wasn't working (as referenced in another review). We were told about the problem right away, but since it wasn't a particularly hot evening, we stayed, and it didn't bother us. By the way, the servers have always been friendly and responsive to us. We've always had wonderful service at Laylas.

I've turned many friends on to Laylas and almost all of them have become regulars. I think that says a lot right there!

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Having spent a lot of time living and working in the middle east, we thought it would be fun to see how this place interprets the menu options. They didn't really interpret them at all -- they were fairly standard straight from Lebanon. It was good, but not special or interesting. We'd be happy to go back and take friends who are less familiar with middle eastern food to introduce them to the cuisine, but we wouldn't bother to go back just for a meal for the two of us.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

This place is in a great location, we never expected such filthy chairs and bathroom (makes you wonder what the kitchen looks like) and such an unfriendly server. She never mentioned the air-conditioning wasn't working, we figured that out ourselves after we ordered and realized we were hotter then than when we were outside. I asked her if it was in the process of being fixed and she just said "I hope so, we're dying". We stayed because we didn't know another halaal place in the area and we'd already ordered but we should have walked out anyway because she was rude the whole night and there's a mandatory 20% tip on top of everything. Plus, my friends who are from Palestine by way of Pakistan said the chicken shawarma wasn't even that...it was just chopped chicken and rice, which really baffled my friend who cooks it all the time at home (I've never had it so I didn't know what to expect). She also cooks the stuffed eggplant they serve as an appetizer and she said you should be able to cut it without a knife- just run bread through it and it will break, but Layla's is tough and requires a considerable amount of force to cut it. If you are familiar with Lebanese food then you probably won't find this place very authentic and even to the unfamiliar I found the surroundings too dirty and impolite.

1  Thank Kristy1977
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I would not recommend Layla's to anyone. We visited the restaurant on Sunday night for the first time and the waitress was rude throughout the night, the AC was broken and it was extremely hot, and the bathrooms were dirty. The next day we requested our tip back because we did not feel the waitress deserved the mandatory 20% tip they charge groups of 6 or more. When my wife returned to the restaurant to pick up the $20 tip and she was treated badly by the manager. We all have bad days but this was just unacceptable and the waitress and the managers behavior was unwarranted and not proper for a business that needs returning local customers in order to stay in business.

I would highly suggest that you choose a different Lebanese Restaurant in the area.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

This restaurant was by far the best Lebanese restaurants i have been to. It is a little outdated but it’s very clean the food is delicious.
Even though the restaurant was pretty full the service was nice and quick. We went there with group of friends and could stop talking about how great the food was.
Thanks Layla, we will certainly be back once when we come back to Washington again.