“Most Memorable”

Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Harvard St
Transit: Metro one block, free trolley
Description: With a traditional Belgian menu created from fresh seasonal ingredients, it's easy to see why Brabo is one of the best restaurants in Alexandria.
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We really enjoyed our recent brunch. Our server was Dave and he is fantastic. The atmosphere, food, and service were all topnotch and made for a lovely experience. Thanks again to Dave who is a true professional and made us feel welcome.

Date of visit: June 2019

Reviewed May 11, 2019 via mobile

A reservation is a must, the service is excellent even when full and the waiters are stretched. The food is good but not exceptional, some of the dishes were quite salty. They do put their own twist on some French dishes not always for the better but kudos for trying. I would go back. Like much of Old Town parking is hard to find so use a ride share or taxi.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed May 2, 2019

Great experience, love the food and service! This is one of the best restaurants in Old Town Alexandria and a favorite by many locals. I highly recommend this restaurant if you want to impress your date, very romantic and a comfortable setting. We come here for special occasions or simply want a great meal. They offer special holiday menus, definitely popular to those in the know, especially Valentines Day. I would consider this a hidden gem, you won't have a bad meal here.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed May 2, 2019 via mobile

Note that there is the Brabo restaurant and the Brabo Tasting Room. Both have bars and different menus.

Went while in town for work. I was able to get a seat at the bar at Brabo restaurant around 7P. Had an old fashioned off the cocktail menu. Their cocktails in general are pretty good. Big selection of liquor and quality mixers and professional bartenders.

I had the black pepper gnocchi. It was really good. Gnocchi was large enough to have to cut in half to eat. I didn’t get too much of the pepper flavor but was a good dish. I had the pork duo which was a pork chop and pork belly. I will note that when I cut into the pork chop it looked like it was cooked rare. I’m ok with pink pork but this looked a little under done. However, at a place like Brabo I trusted them and didn’t say anything. And I’m writing this review 2 days later without incident. I did taste good, nice crust on the meat and came with some veggies. The piece of pork belly was great. I had the strawberry tart which was actually just ok for me. Tart shell, ricotta cheese and the strawberries. I barley noticed the ricotta cheese and again was just ok for me.

The bartender was really nice and engaging. She did recommend the steak options vs the pork, but I knew I was having steak in a couple days so I went pork.

It is a great option in Old Town. This along with Vermillion are 2 of my favorites.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed April 25, 2019

We have eaten at Brabo a number of times. This was one of the better experiences even though the place is pretty noisy. All three of us had a good meal. Service was fine. The waiter quickly replaced one of the cocktails that had not been made correctly. Brabo is a reliable choice in Alexandria.

Date of visit: April 2019