“Undeniably the Best”
Review of BRABO Restaurant

BRABO Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
BRABO Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 763 Restaurants in Alexandria
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Harvard St
Transit: Metro one block, free trolley
Description: Named for a statue in of Antwerp, Belgium, BRABO Restaurant is as legendary and longstanding as its namesake hero. The award-winning talents of Chef Sebastien Rondier create unforgettable dining at BRABO Restaurant. The comfortable dining room's stylish details like a custom hammered copper bar reflect our historic Old Town location, topped off with an oversized antique map above the bar. The Brasserie up front features a lively atmosphere and hearty portions accompanied by a comprehensive cocktail list. Tucked away in the Formal Dining Room guests enjoy a leisurely paced meal of several courses in a Tasting Menu format. BRABO is dedicated to relationships with local farms and passionate artisans and is proud to feature local and regional products. Check in with one of our teammates for great recommendations of what to see and do around town- they love to share!
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Our last night in town before heading home and we decided to dine at Brabo. Straight to the point, the meal was exquisite. She had the rockfish and I had the scallops both of which which perfectly prepared. Service was top-notch. Nothing else to be said other than if you do not try it; you are missing a fine dining experience!

Matty F, Manager at BRABO Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2014

RobertF,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review of your recent experience at Brabo! I'm so happy you enjoyed the scallops and rockfish, as well as the service. I look forward to passing along your kind words to our entire team. We look forward to seeing you the next time your travels bring you to Old Town...

There are newer reviews for BRABO Restaurant

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Found this restaurant via Tripadvisor! Made reservations for Saturday night. Upon entering we were immediately seated and it looked very nice. Waiter was a bit difficult to understand, but we ordered two specials for that night. The halibut and the rabbit. It was the second best halibut dinner I've had in my life and it was 5 star quality. Absolutely perfect temperature and delicious sauces. My wife was very disappointed with the rabbit dish (3 different versions of rabbit meat). It arrived cold at the table. The kitchen was asked to prepare another one and a bowl of soup was served during this period. My wife really enjoyed the rabbit special and had it been served hot the first time, I would have given BRABO five stars. Another suggestion: I'm 6 ft. and found the chairs to be low or the table high and almost asked for a booster seat.

Hi,

I remember your table from last Saturday night...I'm sorry the Trio of Rabbit arrived cold the first time, but I'm so glad your wife enjoyed the complimentary taste of the Chilled Watercress Soup that we served to tide her over until she could fully enjoy the Rabbit course. Of course, I'm happy you enjoyed the halibut, as well. Obviously, it's our goal to serve the meal perfectly the first time, but I'm glad we made you both happy in the end. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Regards,

Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

This was my third time to Brabo and it remains solid but not great. They offer a 3 and 5 course tasting menu that is a solid value for the quality of food. I tried the foie gras with cherries and then had the wonderful mussels. Try the mussels, you will love them. We had a nice drink and solid wine, so it was an all around solid night. My wife's rockfish was fairly good but nothing memorable. A tad bland. The menu is fairly limited in choices but Brabo offers some great specials, so make sure you ask!!

Matty F, Manager at BRABO Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Hi,

Thanks so much for your kind review of your recent dinner at Brabo! You're right...we don't have the most extensive menu around, but our Chefs prefer to focus on a smaller menu and to get every detail right. I'm sorry you found the rockfish a little bland...that has been an incredibly popular dish and it's one of our favorites...sounds like maybe we underseasoned the dish. Overall, it sounds like you had a great time, and I'm glad for that. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you're in Old Town!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We had a wonderful dinner at Brabo's. The service was excellent and the food was outstanding. It's a lovely venue and even though it seemed to fill up it was never noisy.

Thank Hunter.oz@comca... H
Matty F, Manager at BRABO Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Hi,

Thanks so much for your great review of Brabo! I'm so happy that you enjoyed your meal so much. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed May 18, 2014

Fantastic meal, great service, nice wine selection and overall wonderful experience! Brabo had a very nice menu selection and had no issue putting together something special for my wife who decided to order off menu. Everything was top notch!

Dan,

I'm so happy that you enjoyed your meal at Brabo. Our chefs are always happy to accommodate all sorts of special requests, and I'm glad we could take care of your wife's "off the menu" dish. Please come back and see us again sometime soon!