“Undeniably the Best” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BRABO Restaurant

BRABO Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
BRABO Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 728 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Harvard St
Transit: Metro one block, free trolley
Description: Named for a statue in Chef Wiedmaier father's hometown of Antwerp, Belgium, BRABO Restaurant is as legendary and longstanding as its namesake hero. The award-winning talents of Chef Wiedmaier and designer Vicente Wolf harmonize for unforgettable dining at BRABO Restaurant. The comfortable dining room's stylish details like a custom hammered copper bar reflect our historic Old Town location, while private dining on the hotel's outdoor terraces offers extraordinary Old Town views. For private parties of up to ten, you can also reserve the restaurant's Chef's Table, where the chef and wine director visit the table and tailor food and wine pairings just for you. Or take advantage of the season's warm weather with a table in our outdoor dining area. BRABO is dedicated to environmental and social responsibility. From developing supportive relationships with local Alexandria farmers and the surrounding Virginia community to recycling kitchen grease for bio-diesel fuel, we are committed to a greener future. BRABO's eco-friendly practices translate directly to the table with delicious results.
Lynn Haven, Florida
“Undeniably the Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Our last night in town before heading home and we decided to dine at Brabo. Straight to the point, the meal was exquisite. She had the rockfish and I had the scallops both of which which perfectly prepared. Service was top-notch. Nothing else to be said other than if you do not try it; you are missing a fine dining experience!

Matty F, Manager at BRABO Restaurant, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
RobertF,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review of your recent experience at Brabo! I'm so happy you enjoyed the scallops and rockfish, as well as the service. I look forward to passing along your kind words to our entire team. We look forward to seeing you the next time your travels bring you to Old Town...

Williamsburg, Virginia
“Could have been 5 stars, but...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Found this restaurant via Tripadvisor! Made reservations for Saturday night. Upon entering we were immediately seated and it looked very nice. Waiter was a bit difficult to understand, but we ordered two specials for that night. The halibut and the rabbit. It was the second best halibut dinner I've had in my life and it was 5 star quality. Absolutely perfect temperature and delicious sauces. My wife was very disappointed with the rabbit dish (3 different versions of rabbit meat). It arrived cold at the table. The kitchen was asked to prepare another one and a bowl of soup was served during this period. My wife really enjoyed the rabbit special and had it been served hot the first time, I would have given BRABO five stars. Another suggestion: I'm 6 ft. and found the chairs to be low or the table high and almost asked for a booster seat.

Matty F, Manager at BRABO Restaurant, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
Hi,

I remember your table from last Saturday night...I'm sorry the Trio of Rabbit arrived cold the first time, but I'm so glad your wife enjoyed the complimentary taste of the Chilled Watercress Soup that we served to tide her over until she could fully enjoy the Rabbit course. Of course, I'm happy you enjoyed the halibut, as well. Obviously, it's our goal to serve the meal perfectly the first time, but I'm glad we made you both happy in the end. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Regards,
Great Falls, Virginia
“Brabo remains solid choice among Old Town restaurants”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

This was my third time to Brabo and it remains solid but not great. They offer a 3 and 5 course tasting menu that is a solid value for the quality of food. I tried the foie gras with cherries and then had the wonderful mussels. Try the mussels, you will love them. We had a nice drink and solid wine, so it was an all around solid night. My wife's rockfish was fairly good but nothing memorable. A tad bland. The menu is fairly limited in choices but Brabo offers some great specials, so make sure you ask!!

• 3 of 5 stars
Matty F, Manager at BRABO Restaurant, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Hi,

Thanks so much for your kind review of your recent dinner at Brabo! You're right...we don't have the most extensive menu around, but our Chefs prefer to focus on a smaller menu and to get every detail right. I'm sorry you found the rockfish a little bland...that has been an incredibly popular dish and it's one of our favorites...sounds like maybe we underseasoned the dish. Overall, it sounds like you had a great time, and I'm glad for that. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you're in Old Town!

Alexandria, VA
“worth the price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We had a wonderful dinner at Brabo's. The service was excellent and the food was outstanding. It's a lovely venue and even though it seemed to fill up it was never noisy.

• Visited May 2014
Thank Hunter.oz@comca... H
Matty F, Manager at BRABO Restaurant, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Hi,

Thanks so much for your great review of Brabo! I'm so happy that you enjoyed your meal so much. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reno, Nevada
“Incredibly well prepared food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

Probably one of the best meals I've had! We sampled the oysters on the half shell- sweet and briny, the rock fish, rib eye and wreck fish. All prepared to perfection. Paired perfectly with sides and wines. The server, however, was insufferably snobby. Although well versed in wines and the meal prep he took away from a perfect ($350.00) meal.

Visited May 2014
Matty F, Manager at BRABO Restaurant, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
PatandBill93,

Thank you so much for your very honest feedback regarding your recent meal at Brabo. I'm so happy that you enjoyed the meal, but I'm disappointed that you found the service to be "snobby." We pride ourselves on knowledgeable, professional hospitality, and I'm sorry your particular server put a damper on your meal. That is definitely not what we strive for, and I'm sorry that end of your meal didn't live up to the rest. We'd love for you to visit again- please let us know when you return so we can ensure that your meal hits all the right notes!