“Brabo Tasting Room is also GREAT”
Review of BRABO Restaurant

BRABO Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
BRABO Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 759 Restaurants in Alexandria
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Harvard St
Transit: Metro one block, free trolley
Description: Named for a statue in of Antwerp, Belgium, BRABO Restaurant is as legendary and longstanding as its namesake hero. The award-winning talents of Chef Sebastien Rondier create unforgettable dining at BRABO Restaurant. The comfortable dining room's stylish details like a custom hammered copper bar reflect our historic Old Town location, topped off with an oversized antique map above the bar. The Brasserie up front features a lively atmosphere and hearty portions accompanied by a comprehensive cocktail list. Tucked away in the Formal Dining Room guests enjoy a leisurely paced meal of several courses in a Tasting Menu format. BRABO is dedicated to relationships with local farms and passionate artisans and is proud to feature local and regional products. Check in with one of our teammates for great recommendations of what to see and do around town- they love to share!
Alexandria, Virginia
“Brabo Tasting Room is also GREAT”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We usually take our out of town visitors to the Brabo Tasting Room so that we can share a variety of "small plates. Most of my fiends love the mussels in season. I just love to graze!

Visited August 2012

“Absolutely lovely”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We didn't have reservations because we came to the restaurant at the last minute, but the hostess was kind and found us a table. Our dining experience was the sensational. The scallops were phenomenal, the Shenandoah Lamb Loin was like nothing I have ever tasted (it melted in my mouth) and the creme brule was out of this world. The customer service was superb and the wine selection nothing short of amazing. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone ~ it was worth every penny ~

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Mango808
Marlboro, New Jersey
“A Good place to eat”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The ambiance was very nice, and the staff was friendly and professional. The food was very good, I had the Pork loin and my wife had the fish. Both dishes were very good but they didn't stand out the way I expected them too.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“I knew it’d be good, but wow!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I live in Old Town and have been trying out all the restaurants over the past few years. I’m sorry I waited so long to try Brabo! The staff were well informed on all matters: history of the Brabo name, wine selections, how the food is prepared – you name it!

My pork loin was amazing! I didn’t need a knife to cut – that tender! Every aspect of the service – perfect. We loved it so much, we moved to the bar after dinner to drink more wine. The bartender was fun, also informative and has very tasty cocktails (self-created)!

Give a cocktail a try before your meal! Enjoy!

Eugene, OR
“The Butcher's Block...We Loved it!”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Our plan...meet in DC and have dinner, my daughter (nearly 16) & I. After the hassle of getting together and all the crowds and nonsense, we decided to head back to our hotel, Lorien Hotel & Spa, to regroup and have dinner in Alexandria. We got off the Metro sweaty and tired. One of those sandwich boards was on the sidewalk announcing 'beer tasting'. They closed in 15 minutes and I saw a cooler of food. I suggested we hold off on the room and check it out. Sure I got to taste beer, but she found a sandwich that she ordered four more times in our 5 day visit. Our first visit, July 8th, the staff was very nice and very helpful. Not a lot of seats but not a lot of people. Our next visit was not quite as helpful...Wednesday...but when we said how much we liked our last visit, they upped their game.

Our last day in Alexandria, Friday, we puttered around old town a bit and had a few hours to kill. We decided to spend the last few hours of pre-airport security freedom here. What a sendoff! A great lunch, great conversation with the staff, and a beer for later in the suitcase and sandwiches for the plane.

Sure DC has sites to see and puts butts in the seats in the area, and I did that stuff, but being humans we gotta interact with other humans. And being humans from across the country, this place was a great spot to escape the insanity of tourist zones with some fine staff.

Try the caprese sandwich. I liked and drank all their Port City pilsner. If they are busy, not a lot of seats.

My heartfelt thanks to the Butcher Block.