“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of BRABO Restaurant

BRABO Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
BRABO Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 752 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: American, French, European
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Harvard St
Transit: Metro one block, free trolley
Description: Named for a statue in of Antwerp, Belgium, BRABO Restaurant is as legendary and longstanding as its namesake hero. The award-winning talents of Chef Sebastien Rondier create unforgettable dining at BRABO Restaurant. The comfortable dining room's stylish details like a custom hammered copper bar reflect our historic Old Town location, topped off with an oversized antique map above the bar. The Brasserie up front features a lively atmosphere and hearty portions accompanied by a comprehensive cocktail list. Tucked away in the Formal Dining Room guests enjoy a leisurely paced meal of several courses in a Tasting Menu format. BRABO is dedicated to relationships with local farms and passionate artisans and is proud to feature local and regional products. Check in with one of our teammates for great recommendations of what to see and do around town- they love to share!
Londonderry, New Hampshire
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We had a restaurant.com coupon purchased over a year ago, so I called to be certain they would still accept it. No problem! (unlike another Alexandria restaurant which told me yes and then proceeded to tell us no when we got there, but finally did accept it "just this once".)
Waiter was wonderful, dinner was outstanding, portions were perfect (in my opinion... I HATE large quantity and prefer quality, which this was). Pricey, yes, but well worth it for a very nice dinner. Presentations were over the top. Not the type place to go weekly, but we aren't in the area more than a few times a year. We've already recommended it to several of our more local friends.

Auburn, Alabama
“Excellent service and food”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Definitely a special occasion restaurant - it's expensive, but worth it! Our server was patient, knowledgeable, unpretentious, and attentive. Seating was very comfortable. The menu was exciting, including the chef's specials that night. We wanted to try everything (I guess we'll have to go back). Portions were perfect size. The mussels appetizer was enough to share for all four of us. We were all very happy with our meals and the desserts were delicious artwork! Oh - and the bar area looked very inviting; plan to go back to hang out at the bar and try the rest of the menu.

Lorton, Virginia
“Should have been better”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We went on a Friday evening. The restaurant was full but not crowded but the service seemed a bit slow. The food was good but for the price and the location, I would have expected a finer attention to the meal. The menu sounded better than the execution. I had the trout special which was good but nothing special. My daughter had the Amish chicken which she enjoyed. There were leftovers that we enjoyed the next day. The atmosphere and food were only good...nothing that would make me want to return more than once a year or so. Our group was seated at a long table, making conversation difficult.

Bowie, Maryland
“Great Service / OK Food”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Although our service experience at BRABO was exceptional, I cannot say the same for the food. One would expect the restaurant to be inline with a Ruth Chris by the website/menu/hype, but it was not. I had veal scallopini and it was very salty and served with a brown gravy. My husband's NY Strip was not cooked properly and was served with the same brown gravy - they must use that on everything! Overall, not impressed with the food at BRABO.

Dessert was a carrot cake waffle with orange ice cream - would definitely have that again. best presentation of our dinner event.

Service: Exceptional wait team! Even though they were in training as I could see some giving directions to others, they were all very good!

The restaurant was very noisy and the hostess stand was in an awkward location that didn't flow at all for guests waiting.

Fairfax, VA
“Remarkable Dining Experience”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Having visited many of the really good restaurants in the DC area, our first visit to Brabo’s was amazing! Celebrating my 64th birthday, my wife and I both signed up for the Tasting Menu with wine pairings, and it was remarkable. Our server, Marcie, did an extraordinary job in making us feel welcome and describing each course. Raised in a restaurant family in Texas, Brabo’s atmosphere provided a wonderful environment to enjoy the subtle combinations of taste, textures, and colors – truly, an Iron Chef experience. We were so impressed that we came home, and immediately changed our April anniversary reservations to revisit Brabo’s again. A good value for the DC area, and very highly recommended!