“Excellent BBQ on the Go! ”
Review of Mission BBQ

Mission BBQ
Ranked #11 of 40 Quick Bites in Alexandria
Reviewed August 26, 2017 via mobile

Hubby and I have visited several times before today! ALWAYS Satisfied! Excellent food and excellent service! I highly recommend the brisket and the ribeye! The collard greens are fabulous, too! And I Don't Like Collard Greens!

Reviewed August 21, 2017

We tried Mission BBQ this past week. It was not crowded and I attribute that to the fact that many people don't know that it has finally opened for business. The previous BBQ restaurant was in the same location and has been gone quite a while. We both had pulled pork, mac and cheese, greens, and cole slaw. I found the food to be very good. The only comment I will make to the restaurant is to make sure the food is hot. We had dinner late in the evening and the greens were only lukewarm. I started to ask for hot greens, but realizing they'd just opened, I let it go. That aside, we'll go back for another try again soon.

Reviewed August 20, 2017 via mobile

I was looking forward to visiting Red, hot & blue which used to be at this location. I had heard the name mission bbq so decided to give it a try. The thing that stood out the most was how disgusting the floors were. No need to lift your feet just sort is slide along. The one good thing I can say is the pulled pork was good but given the "cleanliness" of the floors, what must the rest of the kitchen be like? It's fine that they honor military but trying to cash in on 9/11 I found appalling. I won't be going to another mission bbq

Reviewed August 18, 2017 via mobile

We were disappointed to discover that Red, Hot and Blue moved out of the location to be replaced by Mission Bbq. Since we had already driven there, we decided to give it a shot.

The restaurant has been transformed into a large seating area. You need to get online and order your food, kind of take-out cafeteria style. Not really a big fan of this. Was expecting a sit down meal.

Cavernous ceilings create a very noisy atmosphere. Restaurant seems military inspired and it is no coincidence they say it was founded on 9/11, 2011, I think.

I'm not thrilled with using 9/11 as an exploitative means to open a restaurant.

Philosophy-aside, the brisket was lean, but dry. The sausage was pretty good, the cornbread average. Props though to the mac and cheese. About the best I've had. The unsweetened iced tea with a shot of lemonade was also decent.

I wouldn't go out of my way to go here, unless it was for the mac and cheese.

Reviewed August 1, 2017

Our group of 40 people walked in and were served quickly.

We not only loved the BBQ (brisket for me), but the motivational sayings on the walls were, well, motivational and thought provoking. I am glad that there is a restaurant that acknowledges our Veterans and First Responders in a very respectful manner.
The food was great also.
If you get a chance, definitely visit.

Date of visit: July 2017