I am not sure the reasons for the recent negative reviews and I am sceptical about their perception on this hotel. We are used to 4 or 5 star hotels and came to DC fo a family vacation with our 11 yr old twins. Due to the Rally to Restore Sanity, hotels were pretty booked in DC, so we chose to stay in Alexandria. We were very happy in every way with the Hilton Alexandira Mark Center. The staff was so friendly and helpful. They gave us a room on the 32nd floor with a gorgreous view of the DC skyline. Then when I kept feeling dizzy for some reason that high up (no idea why!), we asked to be moved to a lower floor and the staff not only moved us lower but searched for a room with a balcony in case I needed some fresh air to stay feeling well. What a nice gesture, and their idea completely (I had not requested it.) We loved having the balcony and our room was spacious and pretty. I am the type who checks for bedbugs, and there were absolutely NO bedbugs anywhere. So, I don't know about the reviews that claim there were.
We chose this hotel due to the reviews regarding the shuttle to the Metro and the ease with getting to the DC. that is completely true. The shuttle was constantly there whenever we needed it, since it comes every 30 minutes. In times of great use (such as all the people going to the Rally), the hotel stepped up and sent shuttles more frequently (or maybe they found a 3rd shuttle) because there was never a wait more than 10 minutes. Having never been to DC before, I wasn't sure if the shuttle system would work well or not, but the combination of the shuttle and Metro was fabulous and we were to our destinations very quickly over the 5 days that we stayed at this hotel.
For those needing to stay out of DC, this is the perfect hotel and we would stay here again. I also want to note that while the staff was wonderful, the manager was amazing. He seems to work around the clock, because he is always there, is constantly walking around the lobby to make sure that all guests are happy, and simply makes staying at that hotel a lovely experience. Thank you to him and his hard working staff!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Alexandria, VA this Alexandria hotel is convenient to, Downtown DC, attractions, Reagan airport and Old Town. Upscale guest rooms and suites overlook a botanical preserve. This luxury Alexandria hotel offers onsite restaurants, business center, over 55,000 sq. ft of flexible event & meeting space, fitness center and pools. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Alexandria Mark Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Alexandria Mark Hotel Alexandria
- Hilton Hotel Alexandria
- Mark Center Alexandria Hilton
- Alexandria Hilton