I stayed at the Hilton Alexandria Mark Center for two weeks in July on business with the government. Prior to arriving, I had requested a room accommodation for an HDMI input, and received an email confirming same from the Manager, Charlie Banta, that I was upgraded to the 29th floor. The hotel was very nice, upon arriving a bit earlier than check in time, I grabbed a beer at bar and only had to wait around 25 minutes until the room was ready. The room was great, clean, large with a view, a very nice TV and a bed which rivaled my tempurpedic at home. Wireless internet is available, and it is fast enough to support a PS3. If you have a problem, the hotel staff are on it in less than 15 minutes from your call.
I ate at the restaurant, Finn & Porter, about 5-6 times during my stay for dinner, once for breakfast, and twice or so for lunch. I note that there is also a sushi chef at the restaurant who makes tasty rolls. All the meals were good, and the wait staff will gladly modify your order should you have any special requests. Also to note, as I did not have a car, the concierge maintains an extensive list of delivery joint menus to consider.
I ordered room service once for breakfast, picking a delivery window 6:00 to 6:30. The food was delivered by 6:10, and it was good, with a more than ample coffee supply (it's essential).
Since it was an extended stay, I used the in-hotel laundry and dry cleaning service and a same-day turnaround was standard. During the day, there are usually a few cabs in the lot to take you places, or the concierge will call one for you. The shuttle to Pentagon City and Ronald Reagan was also appreciated.
The hotel, as a whole, was very nice place. Unfortunately, without a car, I could not explore the area proper, but the staff will assist you as much as possible to make you comfortable.
There were also an interesting bunch of public conferences occurring during my stay. Visiting those was also an fun way to fill in the non-business hours.
The prices are what I would expect, and what I have experienced for metropolitan areas (New Orleans, NYC, Houston). Keeping that in context, the hotel was a great place to stay, and if you have a vehicle, it's wonderful. Parking was only $9 a day, when I have paid in excess of $35 to keep a vehicle in New Orleans in the past.
I recommend it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Alexandria, VA this Alexandria hotel is convenient to, Downtown DC, attractions, Reagan airport and Old Town. Upscale guest rooms and suites overlook a botanical preserve. This luxury Alexandria hotel offers onsite restaurants, business center, over 55,000 sq. ft of flexible event & meeting space, fitness center and pools. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Alexandria Mark Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Alexandria Mark Hotel Alexandria
- Hilton Hotel Alexandria
- Mark Center Alexandria Hilton
- Alexandria Hilton