Hilton Alexandria Mark Center
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
1,626 results
All reviewsfinn porterretreat roomspentagon citycorner roomself parkingdc areashuttle serviceper dayfront desk staffthe room was nicefree shuttlefitness centerreagan airportmetro stopold townconventionvalet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 9, 2010

I love the room. The room was clean, but the only problem I had with the room was the plumbing. When taking a shower, the water wasn't running out fast enough that it was backing up before I jumped in the shower. While taking a shower, the water continue to back up covering my feet. This is the only problem I had with the room. The bed, floor were clean. All the workers within the hotel were very friendly and helpful, GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
bantac, General Manager at Hilton Alexandria Mark Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at our hotel. We were very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the kind words about our staff.

Please accept my apologies for the slow drain in your room. I have shared your note with our maintenance team so that corrective action may be taken.

We hope to be of service to you again soon.

Reviewed February 5, 2010

This is the second time I've attended a conference at this hotel, but the first time I've stayed overnight.

To address some conference matters first: If you are attending a conference at this hotel, arrive VERY early or you will be parking blocks away at about twice the price.

If you have AT&T phone service you're going to be limited to where you have a signal. Sometimes I had one at the front desk, sometimes at the back of the main floor by the escalators and sometimes in the room, but never in or around the conference area and it was always like an Easter Egg hunt to find a signal.

They do seem to have spacious conference areas and the hotel staff was quite unobtrusive when it came to doing a sweep to clean the room and tables of trash during the breaks.

The desk staff was quick and friendly and allowed me to check in at noon instead of 3 p.m.

The room was clean and typical of most hotel rooms. There was a small kitchenette area with a counter and mini fridge. The bathtub was not clean, not sure if the maid had sprayed the cleaner and forgot it. It looked a bit like some dried cleaning foam, but it also looked dirty. I called the front desk and someone cleaned it by the time I got back to the room. However, the phone rang forever before anyone picked it up. I tried the front desk, housekeeping, the general guest services line and the front desk again. I let each ring about twenty times or more and finally just held on to the front desk until they answered.

Not sure if it was just this room, but our room was very dim. There is NO light in the little kitchenette area that is at the entrance to the bathroom. As the only mirror besides the bathroom is on the closet doors, with two females, one may need to use the closet mirrors to apply make-up or do hair. I had to move the lamp from the desk onto the counter in order to have any light at all. And this was with all other lights on in the room. There is no entry light, just a desk lamp, a corner lamp in the far corner, and the lamp between the beds. Dim, dim, dim.

When we arrived the room was very warm even though there was no heat on at all. We actually turned on the system and took it down to 60 degrees and we were still hot. Temperatures outside were in the 30s and it snowed the night we were there. We should have been freezing at 60 degrees and we were sweating.

The public areas of the hotel are nice and clean and there is a very nice courtyard with a pond and a gazebo. Didn't eat at the restaurant. After paying $3 for a small bag of chips at their "grab and go express" lunch they provided to the conference guests, we didn't want to risk the prices.

Might be okay for conferences, but the only way I would stay here again by choice would be if there was another conference there. There wasn't anything particulary awful about the hotel, but it is over-priced for what you get.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
bantac, General Manager at Hilton Alexandria Mark Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your visit to our hotel. We were pleased to learn that the property met your needs in terms of your conference. Thanks also for the kind words about some of our team members.

Please accept my apologies for the service lapses that you encountered; I have shared your review with our leadership team in an attempt to prevent similar occurences.

We truly hope to have the opportunity to be of service to you again.

Reviewed January 18, 2010

I've stayed at this hotel many times; they have great rooms, good food, a workout area and responsive internet.

The staff is wonderful - attentive, prompt, effective. Individually and collectively they convey a sincere desire to make your stay a good experience.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
bantac, General Manager at Hilton Alexandria Mark Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We were very pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable visit. Thank you for the kind words about our staff.
We look forward to being of service to you again soon.

Reviewed January 5, 2010

There are no words to express the true appreciation that I feel for the service I received in the Hilton Alexandria Mark Center Hotel. A colleague of mine and I were two of the thousands of passengers that were stranded during the unprecedented snow storm that hit D.C. on Dec 19, 2009. We had no previous reservations, the Hilton Hotel shuttle, through their courageous driver, Barry, was the sole transportation available out of the airport around 4pm. When we got to the hotel the nice young man that checked us in (I am sorry I was so frazzled I didn't get his name) said "since you are here because of the emergency with the airlines I will give you our most favorable rates." This exemplifies that you go way out to provide hospitality in the TRUEST sense of the word. The four extra days that I was stranded in D.C. before I could return home for the holidays could have been a nightmare for me. Instead, thanks to all of you they were extremely enjoyable and your premises truly "home away from home."
With sincere gratefulness,
Margaret de Penedo (Guatemala)

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
bantac, General Manager at Hilton Alexandria Mark Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, especially under the circumstances . . . we were glad that we could be your home during the snow emergency.
We hope to be of service to you again.

Reviewed December 16, 2009

I stayed at this hotel while attending a training conference in December (the conference was hosted at a different hotel that was more expensive). The Hilton was close by and had a better rate, so I stayed there and drove to the conference each day. The hotel was clean, service was friendly--especially in the Finn & Porter restaurant. I had to pay for internet service in the room each day, but it was easy to connect and worked well. The restaurant was the best part of my stay. The food was delicious and the service was excellent. I highly recommend the sushi, but the menu items were equally as impressive. The wine list is also extraordinary, with several hundred wines to choose from. Truly an outstanding restaurant.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the kind words about Finn and Porter.
We hope to be of service to you again.