Hilton Alexandria Mark Center
$169
$179
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Old Colony Inn Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$119
EmbassySuites.com
$208
$186
  • Breakfast included
Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$111
$106
Priceline
1,639 results
All reviewsfinn porterretreat roomspentagon citycorner roomself parkingdc areashuttle serviceper dayfront desk staffthe room was nicefree shuttlefitness centerreagan airportmetro stopold townconventionvalet
Reviewed July 12, 2009

I will preface this by saying that I booked through Priceline and paid $75 for the night. Unlike the previous reviewer, I did not convince the front desk to give me the nicest room, which is my own fault. I did mention my Hilton Honors Membership, but they were not impressed with that. I am sure that they reserve specific "Priceline" rooms, and hopefully they are far superior to a full-price guest.

With the above disclaimer, I will say that even $75 was too much to pay for this hotel. The carpet was filthy, there was a mold-like substance on the ceiling in the shower, and the room had an unpleasant odor. The best I can say is that the beds were clean, which is my top priority. The staff was friendly, which is a benefit, but overall the hotel was worn down and shabby. And they charge .59 cents a minute for internet in the business center.

If you can get a really good deal, and you are willing to compromise cleanliness, then I say go for it. Heavens forbid you should actually pay full price though, which at the time of my booking was north of $150/night.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank kjmcc0729
bantac, General Manager at Hilton Alexandria Mark Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2009

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on our hotel, and for the kind words about the friendliness of our staff.

Please accept my apolgies for the cleanliness issues with your room; I have shared your comments with our leadership team in an effort to preclude a similar occurence in the future.

Again, thanks for the opportunity to respond to your concerns.

Charlie Banta

Reviewed July 5, 2009

This was a spontaneous thing. I nabbed a room on Priceline for $55 plus tax. A killer deal. Then I read the reviews here and my expectations nose-dived. I sweet talked the woman at the front desk..."priceline...blah,blah.blah...bad reviews on tripadvisor...blah,blah,blah...Hilton Honors member...blah,blah,blah...best room possible...blah,blah,blah." She put us in a great end unit with a jacuzzi and a great view of DC. Service throughout the hotel was excellent. We encountered many types of staff members and they were all engaging and eager to help. The condition of the hotel was also better than expected. We loved the lobby, the bar and the restaurant. Food was only so-so, but service and atmosphere were wonderful. True there were some stains on the ottoman in our room, and the toilet leaked. But overall it was a great spontaneous get-away and we would do it again. Bottom line - it is a matter of expectations.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MarkG37

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on our hotel, and for the great comments about our staff and the atmosphere of the hotel! We hope to be of service to you again in the near future.

Charlie Banta

Reviewed June 29, 2009

Got a 1 night stay via Priceline for $69+tax. Went to check in at 3pm, rooms were not ready. Rooms still not ready at 5pm. I begged because I had to go to an evening meeting, and got a room. The entire hotel reeks of cigarette smoke, even though we had a non-smoking room. They charge $9/day parking for hotel guests (even though they own the garage), $15/day for rollaway bed, $10/day for internet-no free wi-fi in hotel. Nice views of DC on our side of hotel. Nice indoor-outdoor pool with lifeguard. That was about it fornice. The A/C went out in the whole hotel, and there was zero water pressure on the upper floors. Housekeeping is clearly understaffed, as when I left for my meeting at 6:30 people were still waiting to check in. For $69 for a 1-night, it was OK, but I can't recommend staying there at full price. By complaining at check-out I was able to get all extra charges removed from my bill, which was the right thing for mgmt to do. In retrospect, I should have asked for free breakfast, pretty sure they would have folded like a cheap chair. Then again, I was soo ready to leave there and be anywhere else that morning.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 24, 2009

I made a reservation here over a week that my regular Marriott and most other hotels are completely booked. I did not realize that my reservation stated it was in a parlor room (which meant the only bed was a pull out sofa) however I made the best of it. There was a police conference in town which this hotel was the host site.
The room was great, and the bed was not too uncomfortable. The restaurant has sushi and steak and is a great choice if you do not want to go out to eat.
I would recommend this to anyone looking for a full service hotel at a good price in the area.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 28, 2009

I read previous reviews and was worried about staying here. But I had a conference here and so had no choice. While I have some minor complaints about the hotel, and the location is awful (unless you have a meeting in the hotel), the hotel overall is perfectly fine.

I'll start with the positive: I have no complaints about the room itself (5th floor). The room was fairly big, and very comfortable.

Getting to the negative: The hotel is in the middle of nowhere. The closest place to walk is a strip mall about 3/4 of a mile away. I guess with a car you should be ok, but you will have to drive far in bad traffic to get anywhere interesting.

I had some minor problems with the room when I first checked in. The refrigerator still had food from the previous guest. The phone and TV were not working. But these problems were all fixed promptly. The computers in the business center were not working when I needed them.

The hotel restaurant is expensive ($12 for breakfast, $25 for dinner); too bad considering there are no other options within walking distance.

Wireless in an additional $10 per night. Outrageous!

Overall, this is a fine hotel but I would not recommend it unless you have a particular reason to be here.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business