WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Hilton Alexandria Mark Center

Hilton Alexandria Mark Center
Ranked #19 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Nashville, Tennessee
“Wonderful experience and staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2014

I had the opportunity to stay in this wonderful hotel for 4 nights. The whole staff was very friendly and always had a smile on their face. My hotel room was very clean, spacious and included a hot tub which is a plus. It also had a nice nice patio where I can walk right out to the pond. I especially want to recognize Jarell Magwood who works as a Bellman. He always had a smile on his face and went way far and above his duty each and every time for me without hesitation. One day, as I was looking for the ice machine, he volunteered to get the ice for me. Not only did he get the ice, he brought it out to me where I was laying out by the pool. I got so comfortable at this hotel that I didn't want to leave. I look forward to staying there again.

The only 2 negative points that I would like to state is that their parking fees are terribly high and I don't like the fact that the pool gates are shut and locked during pool hours. My room was only a few feet from the pool. While hanging out on my patio, it would have been nice to walk directly to the pool from ground floor patio rather than going back inside, down the hallway, into the inside pool area then to the outside pool area.

Room Tip: Ask for the retreat area
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank sdkfour

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
Boiling Springs, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2014

Greetings Sir,

I am writing this letter to thank you for employing such wonderfully attentive and customer oriented people at your Hilton Mark Center in Alexandria VA.

For the past few weeks I have needed to contact the Front Desk and the Accounting dept and specifically Mr. Wintana Huriu concerning what I thought was an accounting error on your Hotels part.

After much discussion (Some yelling on my part.... My apologies) it was discovered that their never was an error. Mr. Wintana was tremendously professional for the entire duration. He called me back as promptly as possible with all matters every time. He never made me feel rushed, or as though my problem was not an important issue for him. he made me feel as though my troubles were every bit as much his troubles.

As I have said above the error was never on your accounting or night audit staff. It was a misunderstanding on my part reading my CC Statement.

This error on my part was discovered while on the phone with Mr. Huri. Needless to say, I felt very small. At the moment I realized my error I apologized sincerely. Mr. Huriu told me with true professionalism that an apology was not needed and he was just happy that the problem has been found and resolved.

Mr. Huriu's professionalism places him a category only shared by those of the truest class and commitment to customer service and the Hilton Corporation.

This was not my first stay with Hilton and it most certainly will not be my last.

Thank you again Mr. Wintana Huriu.

If the saying is true (Which I believe it is, "A company is only as good as its employees") Hilton will stand the test of time.

My room was clean, room service daily without fail.

Respectfully,

Tom Klinger

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

Beds aren't comfortable, very hard. No nice restaurants nearby. This hotel is located in a questionable neighborhood. 15 minutes or more from the real excitement of Washington D.C. I mean highway driving, there is not a city view of anything but apartment's. I was ready to cry and more than a week since we came home, I think we should have took our chances with sharks in South Carolina.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

2 Thank aprilo799
Ralph P, General Manager at Hilton Alexandria Mark Center, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Dear april0799

Thank you for taking the time to share your observations. We are working very hard to continually improve our property and to provide all of our guests with the products and services that will exceed their expectations. Your comments indicate that you had a number of areas in which we failed to meet your expectations for which I sincerely apologize. We do have a few restaurants within walking distance of the hotel, but we do run shuttle service to Pentagon City and Alexandria Old town to make more dining options available for our guests.
I am surprised about your comment about being in a questionable neighborhood. We are in a mixed use area which includes The Department of Defense offices, a wildlife refuge, high end office complexes as well as apartments.
Again, thank you for your observations and please know that we value your business and we look forward to being of service to you in the very near future.

Sincerely
Ralph Priesing
Brooklyn, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

This hotel was rather full of itself - the overall look was pretentious, though the staff was largely courteous. The room service was quite disappointing. Though the menu said food was available all day, it was not available on Saturday at lunchtime. I kept ringing room service with no answer, and it wasn't until I called the front desk that I found out that the promised service wasn't really available. And the breakfast on Sunday morning took an hour to arrive, which made me late for my meeting, and ran right into check-out time. Plus, lots of added fees.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

2 Thank Doug H
Vero Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

This was a very comfortable room. A great sushi bar in the lobby and a wonderful staff. The bathroom was large and the bed was very comfortable. It is a great location just outside of DC but with fast access. The views were also spectacular. This is great for business but also leisure.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank LorenWeisman
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

They say you can check in early but you can't have the room you paid for. They don't tell you that they will hold a $200 charge on your card at check in. They also dont tell you about to $24 parking a day. The bathroom is tiny and the housekeepers give you a wake up call before 7:30a to clean your room. When you call with questions all of the staff is short with you.will never stay at a Hilton establishment again.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Gabrielle G
Dear Traveler
I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry you had a disappointing experience with us and I have addressed these issues with our staff. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us improve.
Most hotels charge for parking in the Alexandria Washington D.C. area. We do have this charge listed on our website to let guests know there is a charge.
Thank you once again for sharing your observation..

Sincerely
Ralph Priesing
Johnstown, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton Alexandria Mark Center while he took a class and I did some sightseeing and relaxing. We checked in early and left our vehicle in the parking lot all week. You do have to pay for parking. There was a mistake in my husband's reservation with the breakfast but the lady at the front desk made it more than right. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The only bad things were a small stain on the shower curtain and an odd smell when we first arrived which disappeared by that evening. Later in the week there was a stain on the hallway carpet which was never cleaned. I saw only a couple of dogs which were well behaved. There was a small fridge in the room which worked well. No microwave. All the bedding and towels were clean and the bathroom was cleaned every day. The elevators are a bit slow and noisy. The lobby and lower lobby have lots of nice seating areas and are attractive. The pool is a nice size and there were enough lounges and chairs when I was there. Sheridan the lifeguard does a good job. He is friendly. He keeps the chemical well-balanced and corrects children when they are doing something dangerous without being mean. The drawback to the pool is that it feels awkward to walk past the fancy conference rooms in my swimming attire to get there. The shuttle to the Pentagon City Metro is very convenient and usually on time. If you plan to take it be early, the driver doesn't wait! The shuttle to Alexandria, which runs later in the day, is convenient too. The hotel staff is helpful. Our room also had a great view of the surrounding area. Nice TV with a decent amount of stations. The temperature was comfortable throughout the hotel. This was a very good experience at this hotel and I would stay there again and recommend it.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple