“Hilton Alexandria Mark Center”

Hilton Alexandria Mark Center
Ranked #14 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Hilton Alexandria Mark Center”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Convenient to Mark Center, the shuttle service is the only good means of travel. Staff is friendly but can be slow to react and may give wrong infomation. I was left at the pickup at DCA by the shuttle whcih just drove by on one occasion

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Stayed at this location for a tradeshow and it was a nice place to stay. I was however relieved to see my checkout was the same day as a large, very large groupd of middleschoolers arrived. This happened the last time I was here and seems to me the staff could do a better job of taking control of the elevators so that the kids are not using them all the time. Maybe reserve one for "normal" guest.
Also, the lower channels of the cable was out of service during most of my stay. Only options were the reality TV and sports channels. Stay really seemed unconcerned this was an irritant to guest.
Room was amazing. Ask for a balcony room on the D.C. side high up. You will love the view. The room was excellent and all the comforts of home, of course minus the TV issue. Overall I would recommend this property if you are expecting a nice room for fair prices. The on site restrurant has outstanding service and food. The turkey sandwich is more than you'll eat I assure you and a good price. Breakfast is good also.

Room Tip: Ask if any large school groups are staying during your visit and ask for a floor away from the group...
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed November 20, 2013

My husband just returned from staying at this hotel and was very disappointed...no shampoo....no ESPN (very important to him) ...no lotion...the towel rack was falling off the wall....he was NOT impressed...will not stay there again. Was expecting more for 208 a night...just sayin

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Ralph P, General Manager at Hilton Alexandria Mark Center, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Prymomma
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your observations and share your experience. We are working very hard to continually improve our property and to provide all of our guests with the products and services that will exceed their expectations. You indicate that you had an issue with television reception for which I sincerely apologize. We had some issues with our provider which have been corrected. They worked all night long replacing the broken equipment and we now have ESPN back . I have forwarded your other observations to the appropriate department heads that are certain to take the corrective steps needed to improve their areas.
Again, thank you for sharing and please know that we value your business and we look forward to being of service to you in the very near future.

virginia beach, United States
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I chose this hotel due to the location as it was fairly close to my meeting the following day. The parking deck was tight and once parked the entrance to the hotel from the deck was confusing as to where to go for check-in. Overall the room seemed ok, but there was mold on the inside of the shower curtain, the tub drain plug was rusty with hair, and the fridge also wasnt clean. The king bed was good as with the tv but there were no dark curtains to prevent the early morning light from coming in. This was a problem for me as my hrs are nights. I was looking forward to a good meal and not knowing the area they seemed to have a nice place at the hotel. I was caught off guard when I walked in to have a good meal and relax to learn there grill wasnt working and well so much for having a nice steak. I must say I expected a little more from this hotel and will find another place if I have to return to the area.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Ralph P, General Manager at Hilton Alexandria Mark Center, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Chris M
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Again, we apologize for all of the inconveniences and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

fort wayne, United States
Reviewed November 9, 2013

good choice, food excellent but overpriced. stayed in corner room and view was excellent, room kept clean and in good condition. walls were a bit thin but not a deal breaker. it really stupid to have to write at least 200 characters in order to have to post this review. this is something that needs changed, it don't need 200 characters to write my review so i find i have to rant a bit hit 200 characters.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Wall, NJ
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Granddaughter and husband along w/our first great grandson recently moved from FL to Alexandria, VA in apt complex directly opposite Hilton Hotel at Mark Center and suggested we stay there. We did and spent three wonderful nights. We took advantage of the excellent Finn & Porter Restaurant located off the lobby and enjoyed breakfast all three days, as well as lunch once and dinner twice. Guess you might say we liked it! Would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

The room was fine; unfortunately a majority of the staff was rude and seemed completely disinterested in providing customer service.

While the housekeeping, parking attendants, and some of the front desk staff were great, some of the front desk staff, and most of the food service personnel were remarkably rude.

I would not recommend this hotel.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Trip Advisor Member
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your observations. As the General Manager at the Hilton Alexandria Mark Center, I am working very hard to continually improve our property and to provide all of our guests with the products and services that will exceed their expectations. Your comments indicate we failed to meet your expectations for friendliness and good service, for which I sincerely apologize. Please know that this is not the norm. I have forwarded your comments to the appropriate department heads that are certain to take the corrective steps needed to improve their areas.
Again, thank you for your review and please know that we value your business and we look forward to being of service to you in the very near future.