When i arrived, i was impressed with how nice this place looked. Little did i know what was in store for me during this stay. The hotel is 30 floors so when i was assigned a room on the 16th floor i thought it would be fine. I walked in and discovered that the shower had evidently come apart and the handle was laying on the top of the toilet lid. Hmm. Called and got a new room on the 26th floor. Turns out that i probably should have gotten that floor since they were for Hilton Honors members, which i have been a member for many years. The furniture needed some repair, the dresser drawer wouldnt close and many pieces looked well worn where suitcases had hit them. The bathroom had a great lighted mirror with bright light been filtered from behind. The bathroom was very small with the door almost hitting the toilet when opening. Nice toiletries by Philip Thomas Roth. After breakfast with colleagues the next morning, we walked out to return to our rooms to get materials for the meeting and discovered the firefighters in the lobby trying to pry open an elevator. After waiting about 5 minutes, i asked where the service elevator was and headed there to go upstairs. Since many others had the same idea, that took about 10 minutes. FInally after getting my things from the room, i had to walk down the 26 flights because the elevators were still out of order. WHen reaching the main floor, the only eit was to the outside or through the management offices, which had a cypher lock. One nice fellow opened it and let a few of us through. As we entered, many of the staff challenged us and why we were there. Not very hospitable. In the lobby we heard people talking that the elevators do this pretty often.. Beware of those elevators! Had a decent breakfast in the restaurant and also a nice lunch there, though the service left a lot to be desired. This place is not near a metro or any restaurants so be prepared to take a taxi or bring a car.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Alexandria, VA this Alexandria hotel is convenient to, Downtown DC, attractions, Reagan airport and Old Town. Upscale guest rooms and suites overlook a botanical preserve. This luxury Alexandria hotel offers onsite restaurants, business center, over 55,000 sq. ft of flexible event & meeting space, fitness center and pools. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hilton Alexandria Mark Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Alexandria Mark Hotel Alexandria
- Hilton Hotel Alexandria
- Mark Center Alexandria Hilton
- Alexandria Hilton