Stayed at this hotel January, 2013. Rate was fine, room very nice with a great view.
Two main issues: $20.00 per night car parking charge not clearly declared in the ad which I felt was deceptive and employee at desk "snippy" when I addressed issue. $50.00 "surprise charge" levied against my credit card upon check out. This charge was never mentioned by anyone and I discovered the charge when I habitually check my banking records. When I called the hotel to inquire, it was explained that it was an incidental charge and would be removed if no incidental charges were found to exist.
I am reluctant to deal with anything "Hilton" in the future mainly for them not being forthright in their business practices. Why not just be upfront with customers and not have "surprise business tactics?
I would think that the majority of customers would be driving a vehicle, so adjust your price up front.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Alexandria, VA this Alexandria hotel is convenient to, Downtown DC, attractions, Reagan airport and Old Town. Upscale guest rooms and suites overlook a botanical preserve. This luxury Alexandria hotel offers onsite restaurants, business center, over 55,000 sq. ft of flexible event & meeting space, fitness center and pools. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Orbitz, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hilton Alexandria Mark Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Alexandria Mark Hotel Alexandria
- Hilton Hotel Alexandria
- Mark Center Alexandria Hilton
- Alexandria Hilton