“Great Place, Great Price, Great Location, Excellent Staff”

Hilton Alexandria Mark Center
Ranked #14 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed November 22, 2011

This place was a winner. My wife and I stayed here during a weekend getaway to tour D.C. during the Cherry Blossom festival. The free hotel shuttle bus made it very, very convenient to get to and from the Metro subway system. The rooms were clean and very nice. The rooms are older and the HVAC is accomplished through ducting and a central chilled water plant - which was down because it was still early spring. However, it happened to be a mild weekend, so the room was warm and stuffy and of course the windows cannot be opened. But the hotel staff was truly remarkable - providing us complimentary breakfast tickets and an upgrade to a very nice suite with a patio and sliding glass doors. So at least we had natural ventilation! And it cooled down at night so this was great. Very nice place. The views of D.C. are not all they seem to be from the website and the breakfast left little to be desired. If we had to pay for it, we would have been disappointed. But overall, this is a good place.

Room Tip: Go ahead and spend a bit more and go for the suite,
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 17, 2011

nice property, a little off the tourist path but not far from Alexandria, not convenient for Metro. clean modern property, good room service, nice breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 16, 2011

This was a great place to stay for the price. We found it accomodating and clean. The staff was nice and the shuttle was good for getting back and forth to the metro. We stayed there with four children and found everything we needed. No breakfast, which was a downer, but the pool was nice after a long day of walking through the attractions in DC. We would stay here again if we return to the area. Much better price than anything in DC.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Stayed here twice on business in the summer of 2011. Staff quite accommodating. Clean room, I was given a lovely suite on both occasions. This hotel is nowhere, and I do mean nowhere, near the Metro although they provide a regular shuttle (they could run it a bit more often - every half hour is just not enough for a business hotel). Nice grounds behind the hotel, adequate pool (under repair while I was there) and fitness center, although there are probably too few cardio machines for the size of the hotel - I was there for a military conference, and you can be sure that 250+ active duty military folks filled up the machines in a hurry at the end of the day.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view toward DC.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 27, 2011

I recently stayed at this property by default, however, if I am in the area once again I will stay there by choice.

To keep it short, I encountered some of the best staff in the area, inclusive of the PBX operator by the name of Peggy. She went out of her way to assist with a plethora of questions I had referencing the property and this was my first experience with the hotel, which was fantastic. In the sushi area within Finn and Porter Restaurant, Chef Kim, Baschir and Paul were absolutely superb staff and made my stay very enjoyable to the point I actually ate in a hotel restaurant two nights in a row. By the way, the sushi was spectacular and extremely fresh.

I found the rooms (I had a corner king) to be above average although some of the wallpaper and fixtures certainly need attention but the hotel is not brand new. The soft goods were nice and were in acceptable condition. If there is any downside to the property it is they do not have HD TV in the rooms. They have 42" flat screens with analog cable and a poor selection of channels.

The location to DCA Airport is about 6 miles and due to the high occupancy vehicle lane the free shuttle service bypasses all of the traffic, thank goodness. Excellent service and worth your while to try out the Hilton Alexandria Mark.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 19, 2011

Shuttle was free and on time. I used it to get to the airport and the metro.
Bath towels are large, like bath sheets, and new.
AV was exactly as I had requested, and the pricing was as expected for a business hotel in the metro dc market.
Room was clean, bright, big, and had many plugs for today's business needs.
HHonors included wifi connectivity. Added Bonus.
Room service was fast and priced right.
Bar staff were friendly, quick and hd great service.
Happy hour menu was great and tasty.
Lobby was quiet enough to get work done or recharge and relax.
Gym was not crowded and had what I needed at 6am.

Best chicken cesar salad of my life.

Room Tip: Ask for what you would like. And don't be a jerk about it.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 14, 2011

My wife and I had to change our plans litterally at the last moment as our son who was scheduled to be in DC had an accident and could not make it. We had bought a package deal for four days. Some friends of ours were visiting at the same time so we were going to give our 4 day reservation to them. They were only going to use 2 days. We were going to eat the other two. Sounds like an easy deal, right ? No way.
Their attitude; tough !
Stayed on hold for hours trying to be a good Samatine for our friends and the management at the Hilton knew they had us by the hook so they could care less.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
bantac, General Manager at Hilton Alexandria Mark Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with our hotel, which I am sorry was not a more pleasant one.

Advance purchase packages are available from time to time at a deep discount, but are unfortunately non-refundable and non-transferrable. We of course would have been able to be much more flexible changing a non-restricted reservation.

Thanks again for the opportunity to respond to your concerns.

Charlie Banta